Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cutting Mats for Silhouette

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cutting Mats for Silhouette

Can anyone tell me the best place to buy replacement mats and also if anyone has tried the lookey likey ones.

Post Thanks / Like

No, just using originals . For speedy delivery Amazon but also used http://www.yolo.co.uk/
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have used craftsulove when they have had promotions/free P&P. I did also get 2 cricut mats which at the time worked out at almost half the price of the silhouette ones. The only problem is that the grids are slightly different (as in the margins are not in the same place) so I have not tried them out. The mat also feels thicker. The things I was cutting were full page and I did not have the time/inclination to try and adjust the layout and cutting depth to suit. Just checked on the Craftsulove page and the mat is out of stock

Post Thanks / Like

I think in the past, Cameo Mums & Dads have bought the Cricut mats and I don't remember any problems but I know what you're saying Lioness, I guess it depends on what you want to do? I think they're about half the price of Cameo brand which is a big saving.

At a loose end this weekend, I installed the version 4 update on this PC which all seemed ok (haven't used it for at least 3+ yrs - but all my library, think that's what its called, (my free and bought designs) aren't there. Will have to investigate further sometime today. I still have my old lappy so I assume (probably wrongly !) they're still on there. Not that there's anywhere for her (Gracie Cameo) to go yet, it just occupied a bit of boredom to do it IYSWIM !!
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I am using V4 - certainly needing to concentrate as it looks very different.

Post Thanks / Like

JM - there is a "repair your library" somewhere, which will re-download your purchased and free library items. It might be on the website, not the software.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Curio so other mats don't fit, but I replenish the sticky on them with Sticky Mat Adhesive by Crafty Creations. A lot of people on the Curio Facebook group make their own mats, but I have no idea whether that is possible with the other Silhouette machines.
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks girls. I have gone for an original off Amazon and think I will order a set of the cheapos too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig View Post
    I am using V4 - certainly needing to concentrate as it looks very different.
    Thanks for the heads up PinkPig, but its so long since I used her I would be starting from the beginning really so......watch this space lol !

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePenny View Post
    JM - there is a "repair your library" somewhere, which will re-download your purchased and free library items. It might be on the website, not the software.
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePenny View Post
    I have a Curio so other mats don't fit, but I replenish the sticky on them with Sticky Mat Adhesive by Crafty Creations. A lot of people on the Curio Facebook group make their own mats, but I have no idea whether that is possible with the other Silhouette machines.
    Eeh I say, that's good to know PurplePenny, been gardening today so I'll have a shuftie later thank you, and I'd never heard of the adhesive either which is a good idea - I think some have used the temporary spray that CC sell but had mixed results, so thanks for that too!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Thanks girls. I have gone for an original off Amazon and think I will order a set of the cheapos too.
    Julie, I'd hang on another day or two, someone's who's had the lookey-likeys is bound to pick up on this thread and let you know for sure.

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought a pack of 3 'compatibles' from ebay, but haven't had a chance to try them yet. It will probably be next week before I try them out, and I'll let you know then.