Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pom pom blankets

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks JM and Rosilee, I think they are lovely, would have loved one as a pram blanket all those years ago.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

ooh me too Pam, and one of those H U G E proud-to-push prams with the big wheels and little wheels lol !!
    Last edited by Jacksmissis; 22-07-2017 at 08:53 AM. Reason: thspellins!

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my friend bought the wool round this afternoon, so over the weekend, if I get my card orders done, I will make
    a start on the blanket. I'm actually quite excited at giving this a go. The frame is too big for my laptop table so I
    will have to use the kitchen/dining table. That's okay though, as I can have my music on instead of the telly!

When my son gets home I will ask him how I put pictures up on here. Maybe I can take some along the journey
    so to speak!

Have a good weekend ladies (and gents) xxxx
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Essex to the left, London to the right and Kent straight ahead!
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to seeing it progress!

Post Thanks / Like

That'd be grand Rosilee, before you start I would root an old blanket out for the table though !
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    ooh me too Pam, and one of those H U G E proud-to-push prams with the big wheels and little wheels lol !!
    I had one of those, though it was a soft body rather than a hard one. I just had to have the big wheels and little wheels, even the one hubby made me for my dolls house had to have the big and little - couldn't seem to buy one with both lol.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

When my daughter went to Oz, she left her hard bodied Silver Cross with me to sell for her and I polished it till I could see my face in it ! - it was the high coach built model, it was stunning in Navy with fine white coach lines around the body. The lady who'd bought it new had put pictures of her babies in a plastic sleeve in the base and Jen put piccies of hers in too so when I sold it on the history went with it. I often wonder if its still in use!

Post Thanks / Like

When I was a girl I used to take twins out in their pram that was a Silver Cross navy hard bodied too, I loved pushing it around. When we went to buy our pram, I really wanted a hard bodied one but they could only do a brown one which I hated so made do with the soft bodied one. I've got a thing about prams lol and hate the things they use nowadays but can understand it because most mums drive these days.
    I love flowers

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    I've got a thing about prams lol and hate the things they use nowadays but can understand it because most mums drive these days.
    Not round here they don't. Most haul the dratted things onto the bus, taking up at least three seats each. Many a time I have told a wheelchair uses to get themselves to the front of the queue as their need is greater than anybody with a pram. I did actually discover a few weeks ago that it is now the law that a wheelchair is given priority over a pram.

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ladies, just popped in to give an update. I have wrapped the base colour and the top colour and I am now tying off all the
    corners. This is the most time consuming part. You have to make sure you tie each corner both ways, and make sure it is a tight tie.
    (hope this makes sense)

I have been taking pictures on my phone, I have emailed them to myself, but, they have disappeared into the ethernet somewhere.
    When my son is back at the weekend I will get his help in uploading the pics. I would just say that the tying is also the most
    painful bit. I have had to wrap both my 'second' fingers up. Hopefully, I will be back with pics on Sunday xxxx
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post