Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bucilla Ugly Sweaters

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondered which scissors you find best for cutting out small felt shapes. I am making a set of felt Jesse Tree ornaments at the moment from a Faith and Fabric pattern as practice before starting some Bucilla stockings and I am struggling to find scissors which do a good job on small shapes. Many thanks.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a pair of small embroidery scissor CSF. I have loads of pairs knocking around and use them for everything except embroidery! I have three special pairs for that, one pair for my cross stitching and two pairs strictly for Hardanger. Why two pairs for Hardanger I hear you ask, you are asking aren't you? Well it's like this ya see: I spent so long trying to find a pair that were just right, one with long points and soft or plastic handles, soooo when I did find a pair two years ago at Harrogate, I simply had to buy another pair last year. One never knows when something might happen to 'em, or I do something really silly, like misplace them when we go on holiday. I can just see me searching the train looking for lost needles and scissors. Touch wood (my head) I haven't lost either yet, well not when on my jollies anywhoo. ;)

Haven't got a size 20 pattern JM, well not a sewing one that is. Shelby at the wool shop in town had some really nice patterns with C******** stuff on them last year. I remember having a booklet with some in, but dunno if I still have it. Perhaps it is time I had another sort out, this time it needs to be my books and booklets I reckon.

No idea why they are called ugly, especially as each year the presenters on C & C wear similar jumpers as soon as they mention the word C********.

Mrs Claus (aka Roz)
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

They are fantastic.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post