Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this die supposed to be?

Post Thanks / Like

Question What is this die supposed to be?

I bought a set of three dies by Joy Crafts. One of the dies is a little Christmas tree, one is a star, but I have no idea what the third one is supposed to be! Unhelpfully the illustration on the packet show the tree and star in use, but not the mystery die

The die cut out (fingers for size reference) unknown die cut.jpg
    The die in thr set Unknown die set.jpg
    The illustration on the back of the packet. Unknown die illustration.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I can think of is antlers lol.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    The only thing I can think of is antlers lol.
    My thoughts too
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

I've just been on to Icon Uk and they describe the set as:
    A Christmas Tree
    A Snowflake/Flower
    A Corner Swirl

Post Thanks / Like

Nice nails by the way !
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

My first thought was a broken heart, but that didn't seem Christmassy, so I too thought antlers, though it seemed odd to have antlers without the head. I wouldn't have thought of a corner swirl, but I suppose it is! Or perhaps Icon don't rally know what it is supposed to be either. I think I am going to cut it in half and use it as a sleigh, I've got some tiny die cuts that might do as pressies piled up on the back.

My nails had just got a bit too long so I filed them down yesterday. If they get too long they have too much leverage and break when I catch them. Unfortunately I'd only done one hand when I caught the other hand and one broke. I'll probably file them all shorter still now so that the short one doesn't look too odd. I use a stone file (the kind that now seems to be marketed for acrylic nails, but wasn't when I bought it) and it does do a much better job of keeping my nails in good condition than emery boards do.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL ! I decided it was mistletoe till I saw the front of the packet and see they've used it as a border!
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Mistletoe! That's what I shall use it as. I have a holly die with separate berries so I'll just cut some in white. Brilliant, thanks
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought mistletoe as well, but having seen it properly, I'm inclined to agree with Icon. Haven't been in that shop in years, and I practically pass the thing each time I go into town. I keep meaning to have a look in the antique shop that is on the same road, but have't got around to that either.

An emery board rips my nails to bits, but I found a glass nail file in the market which works wonders. The first one I bought has broken in half, my fault I might add, but still useful. Bought a spare that I keep closer by.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I have 3 glass ones, one is a large Leighton Denny and the other 2 are small ones one in my purse & other in my bag - haven't heard of the stone ones PP are they from a 'nail' shop pls?
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !