Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Creative Expressions takeover

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Princess4Wiz View Post
    It gives me something to do and there may be a few folks getting unwanted cushions for C******** this year
    Mwhahahahaha. Christine has decided she is going to be giving lots of pairs of hand knitted socks this year, and I'm giving shawls using the Sirdar Colourwheel yarn. I practically know the pattern backwards, sideways, and upside down by now. As for the hand knitted socks, well I managed to watch the Antiques Roadtrip tonight, and turn the heel at the same time. Now I know it isn't the most difficult of heels to turn, but even so, one still has to be able to count. Just the sole to knit, sew it up, and tally ho, another pair of socks for meeeee. ;)

Roz
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Princess4Wiz View Post
    I have given just about all my craft stuff away to folks who make charity cards and work with special needs children as I can no longer see well enough to make them. I do still manage to do some knitting provided that I can memorize the pattern and use super chunky wool with large knitting needles. This pretty much limits me to knitting cushion covers, which I love doing. The results aren't too bad either, if I do say so myself!
    Attachment 6731 Attachment 6732
    So sorry to read that you are having difficulties with your eyes, the cushions are beautiful, the colour is just right for C******** and I doubt anyone would call them unwanted
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My eyes aren't what they used to be and I've started knitting with super huge needles and chunky wool - everyone got snoods for Christmas last year! I was thinking of making some twiddle muffs for my local hospital to use up all my odds and ends this winter.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

My Blog

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a brilliant idea Susan. :)

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Making twiddle muffs is a fabulous idea Susan. We've used them at work with some patients with advanced dementia and they've really helped keep them distracted rather than getting distressed. I don't work in an acute setting, but I know that they've helped prevent patients from pulling out cannulas etc there.

Post Thanks / Like

What's a twiddle muff please ladies? (I'm hiding behind a cushion just now !!)
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I wondered too JM!
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

We must have had a very sheltered life WL !!
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming you're both old enough to know what a 'muff' is - for keeping your hands warm. A twiddle muff is the same shape but has things sew on it such as zips, buttons, bells, ribbons. They're used to keep people occupied undoing and doing up the zips ans buttons. They are used in care homes as well as hospital wards. It doesn't matter how bad some one's memory is they still know hoe to use zips and buttons. I don't know who originally thought of the but it's a brilliant idea.

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks PJP, what a lovely idea. I guess they would help with loss or lack of motor skills through illness or accidents. Lovely and thoughtful too.