Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking help please

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scrapbooking help please

I'm looking for a scrapbooking kit to give as a present to involve a wedding and family life - does anyone know of any good outlets/kits?

Post Thanks / Like

ooh sorry Deefy, I can't help but there's sure to be someone come on who can - nice idea.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't help either I'm afraid. I did buy a couple of nice scrapbooks in Ryman's many moons ago, but I don't even know if Ryman's still exist.

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    ooh sorry Deefy, I can't help but there's sure to be someone come on who can - nice idea.
    It's for the daughter of my friend who has cancer. He has just had a major operation and he is not doing too well. He and his partner have been together for years, but they have decided to get married and I wanted something to give to their daughter who is 11 so that she can make a scrapbook of the day and memories of her family. I thought she would like something like this because she loves to craft.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There is a Docrafts kit that they are selling off- no idea of this will be of any use.
    £8.09 for club members item 437172
    docrafts have the solution for storing all your special wedding day memories. This Wedding Memory Book is a beautifully printed 36 page book in a stylish monochromatic theme - perfect for all!
    Personalise this Wedding Book with a variety of embellishments to add your own personal mark. It also comes with 40 page tabs, 20 notelets, 24 printed photo corners and printed craft tape, 15mm wide and 5 metres long.
    Use the notelets to annotate your memories and the printed photo corners to add your favourite photos of your big day!
    Contents:

• docrafts Wedding Memory Book:
      • 1 x Memory Book 18 Pages (36 Designs)
      • 40 x Page Tabs (4 designs)
      • 5m Patterned Craft Tape
      • 20 x Little Notes (4 Designs)
      • 24 x Photo Corners

Post Thanks / Like

At bless them all, that's a lovely idea and I'm so sorry for them. I know you've mentioned them before (he was a builder?) but I'm ashamed to say it had slipped my memory. I bought some large blank "scrapbooks" (don't do scrapping myself at all) to put piccies in for my own kids so they have a record of family, one was small floral pattern in pale grey & cream, and the other two were a bold paisley style. I got mine last year from Springfields Shopping Outlet in Spalding (http://springfieldsshopping.co.uk/) but there doesn't seem to be access to the actual stock at the shop. I don't know if that's the kind of thing you might want Deefy but the only other things I've seen are traditional wedding albums. There must be something maybe Artisan that would fit your bill?

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

ooh that's nice PP, & she could easily add pages iater on.

Just realised I'd kept that page open on C&C and there's more Albums on there if you want to have a look, different styles and colours.
    Last edited by Jacksmissis; 23-09-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deefersmum View Post
    It's for the daughter of my friend who has cancer. He has just had a major operation and he is not doing too well. He and his partner have been together for years, but they have decided to get married and I wanted something to give to their daughter who is 11 so that she can make a scrapbook of the day and memories of her family. I thought she would like something like this because she loves to craft.
    I'm so sorry to hear the treatment isn't going to well for him Deefers. I remember you posting about him before - I think he was going through chemo around the same time as my hubby.
    That's really thoughtful of you to try and do this for the family. Hope you find something suitable.

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    At bless them all, that's a lovely idea and I'm so sorry for them. I know you've mentioned them before (he was a builder?) but I'm ashamed to say it had slipped my memory. I bought some large blank "scrapbooks" (don't do scrapping myself at all) to put piccies in for my own kids so they have a record of family, one was small floral pattern in pale grey & cream, and the other two were a bold paisley style. I got mine last year from Springfields Shopping Outlet in Spalding (http://springfieldsshopping.co.uk/) but there doesn't seem to be access to the actual stock at the shop. I don't know if that's the kind of thing you might want Deefy but the only other things I've seen are traditional wedding albums. There must be something maybe Artisan that would fit your bill?

Oooh You should have visited us, we live fairly near there.

What a lovely idea Deefy.

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

eeh if I'd only known that lol !! We were on our way back from the Thursford C******** Spectacular in December!