Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finished at last

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finished at last

I think this is the biggest xstitch I've ever done. Took a long time. When I showed hubby it finished he said AGAIN! I'll get them framed lol.

https://imgur.com/a/Tl0Nx
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my word Waterlily, that’s incredible! You must have the patience of a saint (not to mention great eyesight).

Post Thanks / Like

That is amazing Pam
    As Sam says you must have great eyesight
    and strong fingers as well
    to compleate all that stitching
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Really lovely, wouldn't have a clue where to start on something like this.x

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Waterlily! Looks beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone, my close vision isn't too good but a lot better since I had the cataracts done. I have to use a magnifying glass quite a lot. lol
    I love flowers

Essex to the left, London to the right and Kent straight ahead!
    Post Thanks / Like

That is stunning!!
    I must admit I couldnt do without my 4 in 1 light / magnifying lamp whem I do my x stitch!

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

It really is lovely, now go and be a good girl and get it professionally framed. ;)

I used to 'do my own' framing, but then did a piece that was far too large for conventional frames, so had to have it framed by a professional. He mentioned about having a mount, then said a double mount would look even better. Well as it was a birthday prezzie for 'himself' I decided to 'go for it', even though I had visions of it costing me a £100 or more. I nearly fainted when he said just over £40. When I offered to pay for it then or there, or leave something on account, he told me not to be so daft. I ended up giving 'himself' the money so he could collect it. ;)

I use a different framer now, but he is just as reasonable. Basically the larger the picture, the better value it is having it framed. A 6 x 4 is about a tenner, but one that is 18 x 28 or so costs about £40. In each case it also includes a mount. I always take the advice of Alan (framer) as he tends to know what will look right. I've never been disappointed with anything yet.

I couldn't manage without my lovely daylight lamp and my x2.5 magnification prescription specs.

Roz
    Last edited by RozMinis; 17-10-2017 at 06:23 PM.
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

oooh Waterlily that is a stunning labour of love, thank you so much for sharing with us.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you again ladies.

Roz I know hubby wouldn't let me get it 'professionally' framed. I haven't got anywhere to put them anyway - only the landing upstairs really. Do you have glass over the top of yours?
    I love flowers