Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finished at last

Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous!.I would never have the patience to do something like that.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    Thank you again ladies.

Roz I know hubby wouldn't let me get it 'professionally' framed. I haven't got anywhere to put them anyway - only the landing upstairs really. Do you have glass over the top of yours?
    Yup, both the chap down at Elsecar and Alan in the market insist on glass as it keeps them clean. I know Jane Greenoff doesn't have glass on hers, she uses a vacuum to clean them, but I wouldn't like to try that idea as both mine are pretty powerful.

Our walls are covered in pictures, not just my stuff either, but himself's paintings and photographs he has taken. I haven't any on the bedroom, my craft room and the bathroom/kitchen walls because there isn't much room on them, but if needs must, then it will happen.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lovepaperstroking2 View Post
    Gorgeous!.I would never have the patience to do something like that.
    It doesn't require patience, just sheer b****y mindedness! ;)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Fabulous work. Congratulations on completing it- I know the hundreds of hours it takes to do something so intricate..

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you again everyone.

Must admit I'm not too keen on glass over the top. Like you I haven't got anything in the craft room no space there at all. We've got a very long hall but that's got all hubby's boat drawings (not ones he's done himself). We put some new paintings in the lounge a few days ago and with the wall lights and grandfather clock there's no more room as we've got 2 large windows and a large French window. In the dining room another large window on one wall, wall units all along and a large clock along another. Two quite large paintings we got on holiday of the Italian lakes and mountains on another wall and some metal plates we got on another holiday - Tunisia I think. We live in a chalet bungalow so not as much wall space upstairs as in a normal house. The landings quite long and there is a bit of space in the spare bedroom so could put some there I suppose. Wouldn't put any in son's bedroom even though he's not there now.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that's such a shame, don't put it out of sight though, would your other half perhaps swop one of his around? Far too nice to pop into storage.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely work - and congratulations on finishing it. I know how many hours will have gone into creating such and intricate picture.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's just stunning x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again everyone.

JM, I've had another check lol. We've got a very long hall that has 3 bits - two corners in it if that makes sense. It's about 34 feet long in all and on one of the longer bits there is space lol. On both sides between two of his drawings. There's also another fairly big space on one of the other hall wall, it's got loads of switches on but I think it'll be OK. That's probably 3 I could get in without overcrowding too much. Now just got to get hubby to make them. I did half watch a video on you tube about framing cross stitch properly and it was quite interesting' You have to spray it with something and put it over what looks like a polystyrene bass and shape it to the bass. The spray stuff stretches it slightly so you don't get any creases. Will have to have another look to find out what I've got to buy so hubby can have a go at framing. Still not sure about the glass will have to have another look for that too.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that Waterlily. I dunno how Alan and t'other chap went about it, but I don't think spraying and polystyrene comes into it. I know if the item is marked, then Alan will wash it, which is not a great idea if one uses had painted fabric, or some of the overdyed threads as they will bleed. No all of them do, but I know some say they are not colorfast. The last lot of fabric I used is hand painted, as in the colour is only on one side, so I know that isn't colourfast either.

Roz