Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas theme

Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas theme

Do you find yourself drawn to certain themes?

Every time I am drawn to stamps, dies etc., it's a reindeer! I am literally having to sit on my hands to stop buying any more 'stuff'.

Mind you, I would love to meet a real live breathing one - I think they are gorgeous.

Post Thanks / Like

It's snowflakes with me Deefers. If I watch any craft shows with snowflake products I'm done for LOL!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Snowflakes here too lol

I have been lucky to see reindeers
    There is a lovely wildlife park near us that has them
    They have a huge field and forest to roam in
    The original reindeer was a rescue reindeer that was pregnant
    The wildlife park later found 6 more that they rescued
    From another wildlife park that was closed down
    They are kept on the wild side and are quite timid which means they are not a easy target for pouchers

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of deer in our neck of the woods, but I don't think they are the sort that would zip Santa around the sky. :(

I lurve gingerbread men, or even women/children, but I have restricted myself to buying zip all since the beginning of the year. I'm going to make a start on one of the Hunkydory kits tonight. I have four that I have had for at least three years, loads of spare backing sheets, both card and paper, so it is hight time I used them up.

I do love snowflakes, spent ages making parchment ones a few years ago using a pattern from Tina Cox. I made a few that were a tad different, as in I made a mistake, but it didn't seem to matter.

My favourite paper crafting technique is the prick and stitch, just can't get enough of it. It doesn't cost much either. I buy the odd pattern, or set of patterns, but use them dozens of times. All I have to do is photocopy the original pattern, as one pattern can be used at least three times, it means I don't use much in the way of paper and printer ink. I can normally get four toppers from a sheet of card, so only need the thread, which can be virtually anything. I bought a pack of ten reels of metallic from Amazon a couple of weeks ago, in exactly the colours I use a lot too. ;)

Roz
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Can you show us an example of your prick and stitch cards, Roz, I'm not entirely sure I know what they are?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    Snowflakes here too lol

I have been lucky to see reindeers
    There is a lovely wildlife park near us that has them
    They have a huge field and forest to roam in
    The original reindeer was a rescue reindeer that was pregnant
    The wildlife park later found 6 more that they rescued
    From another wildlife park that was closed down
    They are kept on the wild side and are quite timid which means they are not a easy target for pouchers
    I've seen reindeer to Jan. That was in Somerset, it was a place where the owner had rescued one reindeer then word got out and people contacted him to see if he wanted others.

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

There is a herd of reindeer at the local Christmas tree farm here plus loads of wild deer that wander at will.

I have done most things a frosty pale blue for this Chrimbo, snowflakes are heavily featured.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the prick and stitch ones too.

I quite like Father Christmas on cards has to be a red one don't like the green.

Think most of the ones I did last year were prick and stitch.

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post

I quite like Father Christmas on cards has to be a red one don't like the green.
    Oh blimey, you have reminded me of that lovely Pete somebody die I bought last year or maybe the year before. It's never even been out of the packet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    There is a herd of reindeer at the local Christmas tree farm here plus loads of wild deer that wander at will.

I have done most things a frosty pale blue for this Chrimbo, snowflakes are heavily featured.
    My cards always seem to end up pale blue and white! Just love the two colours together - crisp and clean.