Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    Snowflakes here too lol

I have been lucky to see reindeers
    There is a lovely wildlife park near us that has them
    They have a huge field and forest to roam in
    The original reindeer was a rescue reindeer that was pregnant
    The wildlife park later found 6 more that they rescued
    From another wildlife park that was closed down
    They are kept on the wild side and are quite timid which means they are not a easy target for pouchers
    As far as I am aware there are no reindeer round here - loads of deer though. We also have a local farm with alpacas- they look so pretty out in the fields on a summer's day. I don't know if they have any problems with poachers, but I know that a few years ago some of them were killed by dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

I like icy pale blue with sparkle & looking at little ones faces when they light up with wonder. I'd love to see a prick and stitch too, I did see a chap on Hochy once doing stitching onto a card but does the hole have to be really big? I can't see how the paper/card won't buckle - sorry to be so thick ladies!
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to like buying dies of wreaths, holly and poinsettias (don't know why poinsettias because I'm not too keen on the plants themselves).

I'm looking for a nice Bigz holly die or one of the older Sizzix originals at the moment to cut out felt, but I cant seem to find one that is just a simple holly leaf.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a theme as such, although I do like cute. I just hope the Puritans don't have a resurgence and ban Christmas as have enough unused stuff to last the next 20 years!
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not by yourself Glingle, think most of us have umpteen C******** kits which seemed a "good idea" at the time !
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd have to send one to every person in the country to use mine up

Please Graham, can we have some nice smilies?
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    I like icy pale blue with sparkle & looking at little ones faces when they light up with wonder. I'd love to see a prick and stitch too, I did see a chap on Hochy once doing stitching onto a card but does the hole have to be really big? I can't see how the paper/card won't buckle - sorry to be so thick ladies!

https://www.form-a-lines.net/section..._a_l_christmas

This is where I buy most of mine from JM, they were in little booklets but now you can download them. I much prefer the booklets lol
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Jeez they're lovely - thank you! there's hundreds of them too, might have a go at them but it'll have to wit a while!!

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Can you show us an example of your prick and stitch cards, Roz, I'm not entirely sure I know what they are?
    DSCN8440.jpg DSCN8474.jpg

These are just a couple of them. I buy most of my patterns from https://www.form-a-lines.net/ and https://www.stitchingcards.com// both have freebies on their website, so you can find out if you like them or not.

Roz
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    I bought some of the Hochy downloads once, Add Some More Sparkle the company is called. They no longer do the downloads, dunno about the CD's though. Must admit I wasn't that impressed as one had to use other stuff with his designs, like flowers and other sticky things.

I do sometimes have to use beads for the eyes on the Form-a-lines and Stitching Cards, but not very often. One can get away without using beads by drawing the eyes in pen or pencil. Some require beads for holly berries, but others don't. You can buy individual patterns, or sets of. I usually go for the sets as they are cheaper, and I usually want them all anyway.

I use one of my parchment tools for pricking the holes. I tend to use lightweight card, normally anything up to 22 gsm, and a needle that is a bit smaller than the pricking tool. For the actual stitching I like the Kreinik fine cord, Gutermann metallic threads, or Madeira metallic. I found some really cheap metallic on Amazon, £4.99 for 10 reels, brilliant it is, and in all the colours I use most.

Sigh, all this talk of pricking and stitching makes me want to go an do some. As I opened one of the Hunkydory boxes last night I s'pose I had better carry on with that. :(

Roz
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog