Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christmas theme

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    Attachment 6749 Attachment 6750

These are just a couple of them. I buy most of my patterns from https://www.form-a-lines.net/ and https://www.stitchingcards.com// both have freebies on their website, so you can find out if you like them or not.

Roz
    Thanks for the photos Roz, they’re lovely. They look beyond my capabilities, I’m no good with a needle, the results are great though!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I try to have a different theme and a different colour scheme every year.

I do like snowflakes, but I'm getting heartily sick of all the 8 and 10 pointed snowflakes/ice crystals out there as stamps and dies. Snow/ice crystals always have six sided symmetry, so there is absolutely no way a snowflake should have anything other than six points. I bought the Create and Craft snow flurries (?) die set a few years ago as I loved the idea of snowflakes in so many coordinating sizes and styles. I did use them, but was very disappointed that although the overall shape was hexagonal, the design within that wasn't six sided it was four sided :(

Post Thanks / Like

I normally get my downloads from stitching cards
    But will try form lines now
    I might do a few stitched Christmas cards this year as I can sit on the sofa doing them
    I did found them hard to do when I first did them but I had some brass prick and cut stencils
    That made it easier to move on to the Just prick designs

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    Attachment 6749 Attachment 6750

These are just a couple of them. I buy most of my patterns from https://www.form-a-lines.net/ and https://www.stitchingcards.com// both have freebies on their website, so you can find out if you like them or not.

Roz

ooh Roz, they're lovely - I 'specially like the floral one. I'm going to have to have a go, just not right now though, too much going on right now! Thank you for showing us
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Thanks for the photos Roz, they’re lovely. They look beyond my capabilities, I’m no good with a needle, the results are great though!
    Honestly lass they are really easy to do. Try the free ones first just to see how you get on, then the more difficult ones at a later date. The destructions are soooo clear, honest. All you have to do is put a piece of card under the printed pattern, prick through the pattern, then stitch the design So long as you can count, often no more than six or seven holes then you are away. Granted the more difficult ones can have loads more holes, but they are something for a later date.

Worked out last night that Christine and I have produced over 500 cards for the fluffit/woofit shop this year, and there are still six weeks or so to go before the fair in December. I reckon well over 100 of the cards have been prick and stitch. Some I have worked more than one of, especially the cats and dogs. Some of the other designs I have used loads of times over the years, and will continue to do so for several years to come - I hope. ;)

Roz

Roz
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Made me get all my patterns out too Roz. Haven't had time to have another look at them yet but will tomorrow lol.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    Made me get all my patterns out too Roz. Haven't had time to have another look at them yet but will tomorrow lol.
    I've three folders of them, plus another one with C******** goodies. All bulging at the seams! ;)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

I made one for my son's girlfriend's little boy when he was three or four, he took it with him everywhere for three or four months bless him. Can't remember if it was the Father Christmas one or the reindeer one. I do my own colour scheme though, I'm not too keen on single colour ones.

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to use my own colours, though I find the Stitching Cards do use several colours in their designs, whereas Form-a Lines tend to use one colour. When we were in Cockermouth a couple of years ago I bought a couple of reels of variegated metallic thread. One was quite a light silver/gold, the other red/green/gold. At least that was what I thought they were. It was only on using them I discovered there were other colours in the mix, especially the lighter reel. The next time I went to Cockermouth I snapped up another reel of each as I couldn't find it online. Should we get to Cockermouth next May, will need a following wind as 'himself' wants to go to Hexham, I will buy more.

Kreinik do a couple of variegated in the fine cord, but not only is it more expensive, they don't have the lovely light colours that is in the Gutermann Sulky range. If the lady who sells the gold work stuff is at Harrogate next month I will check out her Anchor Metallic range. They too work out cheaper than Kreinik, so I should be able to afford a few colours I don't already have. Mind you those basic colours I bought via Amazon the other week were certainly worth their money.

Roz