Thread: Parchment tools

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parchment tools

Does anyone have pergamano ball tools and are they better than the groovi ones?

I recently purchased the groovi go starter kit and am using the groovi small ball end to do a design.
    While some bits are ok, overall the finished result is not as crisp as I would like.

The instructions show a pergamano no 1 tool being used and I just wonder if that might be a little bit finer than the groovi one which comes with the kit?
    Some of the details are very small and I can feel the tool slipping as I am using it. which in turn means that I am having to grip it very tightly.

I don't want to spend money unnecessarily if there is no difference.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have most of the Pergamano ball tools, plus a couple of the PCA, which are my favourites. When I started with the Groovi plates I discovered that the required Pergamano ball tool was a bit dodgy, so I bought the Groovi one. Now what do I find? The Groovi tool works better with some boards, whereas the Pergamano tool works better with others. Or to put it another way, the boards themselves are a bit hit and miss.

Roz
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Roz. I wonder if that could be the issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Theres a new Parchment programme on C&C at 11am (Saturday) this morning Lioness - and they have a set of parchment tools with ergonomic shafts if that's any help?
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks JM. Missed that one but there is another show later this afternoon so will try to catch that one
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched about 30 seconds of both shows. Did I miss owt? I had both of the Kerry Lord shows on yesterday, watched about 30 seconds of those too. Honestly, my telly viewing is down to zero unless it is the horse racing or historical type programs. Actually hysterical might be a better word as both Lucy Worsley and Tony Robinson, sorry, Sir Tony, always make me laugh.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog