Thread: Sizzix Holiday Shadow Box

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sizzix Holiday Shadow Box

Has anyone else got these dies?

I bought them to make my Christmas cards and they are getting on my nerves! The fold lines are so faint and the creases so light that, for instance, the reindeer lands up with broken legs before you can get the little stand to fold under. I thought about pushing up against the edge of a ruler, but the line is difficult to see.

I wanted to use Kraft card, but that didn't work so I've tried a few others including American Crafts and that doesn't work either. I don't want to put it through the machine too many times because Sizzix insist on putting loads of release holes (which are not necessary) and if you're not careful whatever you cut out looks like it has the measles.

Perhaps it's just me?

Post Thanks / Like

ooh sounds complicated, hope you get it sorted Deefy, I've never had any Sizzix products so I don't know - but someone's sure to be along who has, it'll be a shame if you can't get it to work.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Can you use a ruler and a very fine embossing tool to score over the lines to improve the fold? I've also used the back of a craft knife blade to score with before. Sounds like a faff, but they do look really cute, I can see why you bought them.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post