Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not made any Christmas Cards.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not made any Christmas Cards.

Once again it's 2 days before December 1st and not one Christmas card made. Not watched any shopping channels and beginning to wonder how I can be on a craft forum when I haven't crafted in months. As soon as I sit with my stuff I have a mental block and start to panic so out with the bought Christmas card. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

You sound like me at the moment jube, haven't been in my craft room for months to do any crafting. I'm doing cross stitch at the moment - can do that when I'm watching telly lol.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jube
    Seems a lot of us are having a break from crafting, I don't watch shopping telly now either
    the buzz of the old days of waiting for the QVC craft TSV has well and truley been lost with the other channels
    endless flogging off over prices dies etc.
    I have had times where I wonder why I bothered buying so much craft stuff
    Mums nursing home looks forward to me making cards and gift boxes for them to sell so I would feel quilty if I did not do it this year
    so down came the christmas craft stash
    I spent days just looking at it all, but once I got started I was a roll,I have made all the cards for sending to family etc and just have to do
    the cards for the home and neighbours but it has been a real effort in fact I will be buying some
    Think over the years we have been high on crafting and now for some the excitement has now gone

Please dont feel because you are not crafting you dont belong here
    Last edited by Little Jan; 29-11-2017 at 09:33 PM.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

I've not made any either, I've not done any proper crafting for months. I've done 2 major de-stashes this year and donated the stuff to a couple of local charities. I've still got enough stuff to last me unit I'm at least 100.

I'm still buying the occasional die which I intend to use at some point.

Post Thanks / Like

I've made loads! They are mainly for charity, but I started on ours yesterday. I would add that they are repeats, but several different designs. I have used quite a few dies, with stamps and ink effects as well.

I want to make some more of the Tonic Gingerbread houses and some boxes, but it all takes so much time.

If you get stuck, do what I do - Google search for a specific die and cards showing other peeps ideas come up, or just Google something like Simple Cards and loads of those will come up as well.

I also bought a load of material to make dog bandanas for the local dog/cat rescue - I think I've run out of time though. I have decided that next year I am going to make bits and bobs all year so I don't get caught out.
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Deefersmum!
    every year I decide that next time I will start earlier, but for the last 10years or so have left it to the last minute and on occasion have had to resort to shop bought.
    To be fair I do lots of bits for charity but don't get around to think about stuff that I need to send out.
    I have considered doing cards the year before, while I am in the Christmas mood, but then I risk putting them in a safe place. Hmm and some of us know what that means ;)
    And yes, haven't found them when I needed them .......
    Maybe I need to designate 1 week in October as Christmas week and try to get ahead for once. On another forum there was a weekly Christmas challenge, which meant that you could get to 50 by the time you need them, but that means having Christmas papercraft stuff out all year

I hope to get some done next week or the week after.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My mojo has long disappeared this year as all I have done is Birthday's and a Sympathy card.I should try and get a few done next week but doubt I will be able to...running after a 9 week old Labrador pup is flaming hard work.
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Deefy you and Roz are Saints, well done chuck

Lioness, I know exactly what you mean....bought some C******** pressies for the boys LAST FRIDAY come today to sort & wrap and one had gone AWOL in less than a week I was nearly in tears but found it eventually!

Awwwwwwww!!!! LPS how lovely, is she yours? if she is do tell us name/ size/ colour/ cuteness, piccie appreciated it's the rules !!!
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Made nearly 200 Christmas cards, but I did start in June with the prick and stitch, 50+ of those. I could work on them none stop. :) Christine donated loads of Christmas decoupage toppers, so I used those to make more, then there were the two Christmas £5 kits from C & C, plus one of the Hunkydory set of four. The trouble was by the time I had finished that lot I really didn't feel like making any for my own use. I did in the end, but I must admit they were a chore.

I think one of the things I really need to do for next year is to stamp a load of images early in the year, or even over Christmas itself, then colour them in during the year. It might also be a good idea if I did a load of die cuts. None have to be put together before we come back from our hols in September, but at least I would have a starting point with something other than prick and stitch.

I know that by the time we get to November other things tend to take priority, especially stitched items, such as the tissue covers and purses. One thing is for sure, apart from essentials such as sticky tape, I really don't need anything else - ever. I haven't done much in the way of cross stitching this month, apart from a swap, as I have been working on crochet and knitted prezzies.

I am still working on the throw for 'himself' but it is getting to the stage where I am going to have to do the edging as it is so darn heavy. I shudder to think how much it has cost me to make. I started off using yarn from my stash, but as it is quite wide, I have had to buy more, including three balls for the edging. Two may be enough, but as I would have forgotten where I bought it from, I thought I would get three to make sure.

As my poor ickle feet feel the cold so much I decided it might be a good idea to start wearing my walking boots rather than my walking shoes. The trouble is I only have one pair of long socks that I can use with my boots, the rest are all too short, soooo I am now working on another pair. Hopefully I will have them finished tomorrow, at least that is 'the plan'!

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lovepaperstroking2 View Post
    My mojo has long disappeared this year as all I have done is Birthday's and a Sympathy card.I should try and get a few done next week but doubt I will be able to...running after a 9 week old Labrador pup is flaming hard work.
    I remember those days when our Ruby was a pup
    My daughter was at uni but still living at home and Ruby was more her dog and she did all her training
    But when she was not around it was up to me to keep her on track as hubby just spoilt her
    She used to run me ragged
    Now daughter is married with her own lab
    Ruby sees my hubby as her owner mainly because he spoils her
    She is lovely company when I am on my own but soon as hubby comes Home
    I may as well not me here. Lol

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13: