Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to be choosey in the New Year!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm going to be choosey in the New Year!

As a couple of you may be aware, I have a ton of 'stuff' (tee hee), but in the New Year I'm going to be more careful about what I buy.

In making my Christmas cards I have found dies that don't cut/crease properly, dies that won't release the die cut without ripping it and a pack of card that looked OK on delivery but has obviously been bashed on the bottom edge meaning I can't use that area. The card is 12x 12 and I had hoped to cut it down to 6 x 6 cards, but the bashed edge means I can't.

Basically, I'm fed up with parting with my cash for things that aren't fit for purpose so I will just stick to a few tried and tested suppliers.

Rant over.............
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

That is two of us who have made our new year resolutions then. :) Even though I parted with loads of stuff this year, I still have enough to last me forever. I'm not exactly short of glue either. I will probably have to buy more ds tape and 3D pads, but that is about all. I used to be a fan of the 3D glue gel, but having had smelly problems with both Pinflair and Crafters Companion over the last couple of years I now use foam pads. I used to think silicone glue was terrible, but the gel seems to develop a sickly sweet smell, which seems to get worse rather than better.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    That is two of us who have made our new year resolutions then. :) Even though I parted with loads of stuff this year, I still have enough to last me forever. I'm not exactly short of glue either. I will probably have to buy more ds tape and 3D pads, but that is about all. I used to be a fan of the 3D glue gel, but having had smelly problems with both Pinflair and Crafters Companion over the last couple of years I now use foam pads. I used to think silicone glue was terrible, but the gel seems to develop a sickly sweet smell, which seems to get worse rather than better.

Roz
    I have loads of the foam pads/rolls from The Works so I don't bother with Pinflair etc. I did buy 3 tubes of the 3D gel a few years ago and 2 of the tubes went hard.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed the price of everything has started to go up, so no new gadgets for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, once I've finished doing my cards (started this week) I'm starting to pack up my car-boot stuff ready for when they start. The plan is to be ruthless and anything I don't fancy doing anymore is going in the boxes (none of its rough) its just tastes change! I've had two clear outs one before and one since we came down here and I still have loads of stuff - its ridiculous. All my pressies are bought and are in the process of being wrapped, along with the appropriate card as its made.

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering if I ought to have another sort through my stash, especially the rubber stamps and dies.

Prezzies still to wrap, cards to write, or in my case scribble! I am determined to use my sewing machine tonight to over sew all the edges of the cross stitch kits I bought last week. It takes forever to do them by hand, but usually I can't be bothered to get the machine out, especially for one piece, but as it is still sat on my table.................... ;)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I have been ruthless recently sorting out and moving on some of my stash as I have far too much and buying more isn’t helping me. Like today several 12x12 Pion papers arrived in the post, well it did seem a bit mean of me not to take advantage of the sale. Presents bought but not wrapped yet, will write out the bought cards for some and have a couple more that need to be made.

Post Thanks / Like

My presents are all wrapped (did them at the weekend) but i've still got to do something about cards.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't bought a single present - whoops! Perhaps I ought to think about it......

I spent all day yesterday sorting out my 'stuff'. There is another big bag on its way to the charity shop including all the dies etc., that I have had for ages and haven't used. I'm fed-up of looking at it all and thinking I might use it one day and another year goes by and I still haven't used it.

I am going to concentrate on stamping and sewing in the New Year. Mind you, I did buy a die at the beginning of the week - I've wanted it for a few weeks and found it as a bargain on Ebay (£16.99 instead of £20.99 - £27.99 with others)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sizzix-Bu...pid=2246948761

The shop selling it seems to have some good prices for Sizzix.

Post Thanks / Like

oh that's pretty Deefy - I've never had any Sizziz dies, I get confused with thin ones and thick ones but the lady that comes on Hochy - and the man too - make some lovely things. It must be selly telly that gets us going and buying all this stuff with the view to use it later. Must have spent hundreds over the years that's gone to charity or sold for a pittance on car boots.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !