Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm going to be choosey in the New Year!

Post Thanks / Like

I got the journalling die which is a Bigz and was so relieved that I could use it in the cuttlebug. We are are going away next week so I am making a travel/ Christmas journal. I tried chipboard but that is too thick where you glue it together so mountboard will be the outer covers. Spending more time thinking about this than what I need to pack!

Post Thanks / Like

I made a couple of die holders in the past. With making the front and back covers I used the cardboard packaging that I get when ordering from Amazon. The packaging used for books and DVD’s is just the right thickness and with covering both side with papers looks great. I use ring binders and again the thickness is fine for punching the holes. Have a great time PinkPig and enjoy making your journal.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Tricia

http://www.townrow.org.uk/

Post Thanks / Like

I too am going to be choosy, haven't bought much at all these past few months. A couple of bit when Aldi or Lidl have something but that's all. Really gone off paper crafting at the moment and haven't spent any time in my craft room for ages.

Hubby is making me another die storage thingy so might spend a little time in the craft room when that's finished lol!
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kaz View Post
    My presents are all wrapped (did them at the weekend) but i've still got to do something about cards.
    kaz don't stress yourself, just buy them this year - if you feel guilty (like most of us do when we 'give in') just start them later on and save 'em for next year.

I have made some CHRISTMAS toppers (1st of December folks !!) from 5" x 7" folders and they've come out really nice. I got all my stuff out the other day and then I did a complete card for my friend to see what worked. It turned out beautiful (even though I say it myself) so they're all being made in the same way, all white Centura hint of gold, mounted onto the same with glitter & white ribbon bow & gold greetings & personalised insert. These are my special cards for family and friends. The rest of my cards will be from HD kits bought years ago, but I like to do a personal insert for all my cards even when they're from kits, think it just makes them a bit more special. Found it so much easier to do them this way - rather like a production line lol !!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    It must be selly telly that gets us going and buying all this stuff with the view to use it later. Must have spent hundreds over the years that's gone to charity or sold for a pittance on car boots.
    Apart from the very early days I haven't really bought all that much from C & C over the years. Though I often see stuff on t'telly, then buy it elsewhere. A for instance is Jane Greenoff goodies. Being a member of the guild means I get my 10%, and also free postage if I buy directly from them. Having said that, I have bought a few of her goodies from C & C, including some of her large kits when I discovered they worked out cheaper. One I only paid the postage on. Dunno how I managed that, because when I passed the news on to others it had vanished from the C & C website. I also bought a kit using up some of the £50 I won when I sent them a photo of my sweete bag.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't done much paper-crafting recently. I made over £150 on my stall at the church Christmas fair last Saturday, but that was my knitted elves and raffle tickets for my felt Jesse Tree ornaments. I sold a few cards and a couple of small boxes filled with sweets, but there was not much demand for them. The ones I was left with will make good gifts for my tutor group at the end of term, so they won't be wasted! Last year I made them glittery windmills, which they loved!