Thread: Die Cutting Machine Sandwich Thickness Issues

Post Thanks / Like

Default Die Cutting Machine Sandwich Thickness Issues

I've got my first die cutting machine as a present to myself, after trying out a friends and loving it.

I've vot the Spellbinders Sapphire Plus.

I made up my first sandwich following the instructions on the platform:

Standard cutting plate

Die template (cut side down)

Paper (very thin)

Standard cutting plate

Platform (at the bottom).

The problem is the sandwich seems too thick even with very thin paper!

I'm really having to force the handle when I get to the die to the point the sandwich won't go through - looking on review websites this doesn't seem to be the experience of others.

What are others thoughts, am I doing something wrong or is there a way to retify this issues?

Its important I don't have to exert excessive force due to health issues too.

An electric one isn't finanicially viable.

Thanks
    Sarah

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sarah, welcome to the forum, sadly I can’t assist with your problem. I have the cuttlebug and depending on the die will depend on what plate is used. Basically the A plate is the first then it could be followed by the B or C with the die faced upwards, paper or card on top then the other B plate on top of that. I do have to say it is a case of trial and error to get the right cut. I am assuming you have tried taking out the one standard plate that sits on top of the platform plate to see if that will go through the rollers. When I use the thicker Tim Holtz dies then all I use there is a B plate. Die, paper followed by the other B plate and that goes through the rollers reasonably well.

I do hope you have managed to sort out your problem.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Tricia I too can't help with your die cutting machine as I have a Cuttlebug and a Grand Calibur. I often find it is trial and error too, in my case it is the die that is a tad too thin for the plates, especially with my wee 'bug. Never had a problem a problem of the die being too thick to go through though.

Try contacting the seller as there may be a problem with the machine. Don't let 'em try and fob you off about returning it at your expense though, If it isn't of merchantable quality and/or fit for purposes, then it is their responsibility to sort it out.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid I can't help either as I don't have the machine.

I Googled to see if there was any guidance for such problems, but there doesn't seem to be anything.

As Dawn Wheeler demos the machine on C&C perhaps you could try contacting her via her Facebook to ask for her help?