Thread: Hochanda Bonus Freedom Event

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hochanda Bonus Freedom Event

I've received an email from Hochanda this morning. The subject says "1 Month Bonus Freedom Membership on us!" Sounds good.

But the body of the email is talking about an event which is on from the 11th (today) to the 16th, during which you have to spend £30, enter a code, and receive a promotional credit of £6.97. Doesn't sound so good.

Anyone else had this? What actually is it? A "promotional credit" sounds to me like money off a FUTURE purchase so you'd have to spend £30 now and then a further £7 (almost) in future to get any benefit. And a few days is not a month.

I haven't bought anything from Hochy for a long, long time. Not sure I can be bothered with this. Too much effort to find out what it actually is and whether I do get a month's free Freedom membership.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

OK, the terms and conditions make it quite a bit clearer:

https://www.hochanda.com/terms-condi...-bonus-freedom

So I THINK you have to make a £30 purchase within this 5-day period and new and existing members get the discount by quoting the code, plus new members get a month's free membership if they sign up to ongoing (payable) membership, which can be cancelled at any time.

Does that seem right?

Post Thanks / Like

I think new members get a month’s free membership and existing members get the amount membership costs in a code to spend if they have bought something over £30 within the time limits.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig View Post
    I think new members get a month’s free membership and existing members get the amount membership costs in a code to spend if they have bought something over £30 within the time limits.
    Yes, that is how I understand this - I think you would have to pay P&P on the first £30+ purchase
    Last edited by Lioness; 11-01-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

No you don't Lioness, but I can understand its been confusing.

Your purchase has to be £30 or over before P&P, and, when you go to checkout, you put Bonus18 into the box that says 'Promotional code' this makes you a freedom member so no postage. If you are already a freedom member and spend £30 or over, then your account will be credited with £6.97 which is equal to your membership for a month. Hope it makes sense!!
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

But I think you have to put the code in , it won’t be automatic so watch out for that !

Post Thanks / Like

oh yes sorry PP, yes, you have to do it even if you're a freedom member as well - sorry peeps, it did make sense in my head when I wrote it!
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Still not buying nowt from 'em, especially as most of what I do like can be bought for the same price, or even cheaper elsewhere.

The only craft stuff I have bought so far this year is knitting yarn from the yarn shop in the arcade where we hold our needle/natter group. Shame Shelby doesn't have room for us to hold it there. She and her mum Rosemary don't even have enough room for all the knitting/crochet yarn. Every so often there is a thump from upstairs, which means bags of yarn have landed on the dog shelf!

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog