Thread: January - my first finishes

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile January - my first finishes

This Jane Greenoff bell pull started out as a WIP (work in progress) sometime last summer. It then progressed after the first third to a UFO (unfinished object). Once my C******** were over and done with I decided I really ought to turn it back into a WIP, as in get the dratted thing finished. I did that when the new year was only a couple of days old, it then took me another week or so to line it and attached it to bell pull ends. I left off most of the fancy stitches, not because I couldn't do them, but because I didn't actually like them.

1 January-Jane Greenoff Bellpull.jpg

I love bookmarks, and despite having a Kindle and no real fiction books, I still need them in my needlework books. This one is part of a birthday present for a friend next month. I am keen to work it again, probably in a variegated thread.

For Linda.jpg

I am now wondering what to start on next, or at least when I have finished the knitted scarf/shawl tomorrow. Should I get on with the crochet baby shawl? Should I do one of my many Mill Hill kits? Should I start on the January Just Cross Stitch SAL? Or should I create a new WIP, to be worked on only at the weekend, using one of my many Jane Greenoff kits? It would have to be either a bell pull (one that does have fancy stitches) or one of the books, they also have fancy stitches after the first page or so of pure cross stitching.

Roz
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

H!Ha! Decisions Decisions Roz! They're both lovely as always. For tomorrow, put all you ideas in a mug and pick one out - simples!
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I settled on the Stolen Moments because it seemed quite appropriate as I am only going to work on it Sunday and Monday. I did the grid work today, a line of small tacking stitches after every 10th row of stitching, 20 threads of the linen. If I don't I know I will end up totally confuzzled, or even worse, start in the wrong place. That happened to me once, and I have no intentions of it happening again.

I know Jane Greenoff doesn't do the grid work, but then she doesn't use a frame either. I was the only one at Dot's group who used a frame, I just can't work without one, especially on evenweave, be it cotton or linen. I think most of the American's in the Yahoo Friendly Stitchers group grid, but as many of them work on huge designs, the Heaven & Earth (HAED) for instance, it isn't really surprising. I think they all use frames too, mostly floor frames. The insurance company very kindly paid for one for me as I could only stitch one handed, but I don't tend to use it much now as I like to hold the frame in my hand.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

They are both so lovely.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Started on the Stolen Moments stitching this afternoon. Done most of the first band, including the 'bitch' stitch as Jane calls it. It is known as the queen stitch, but is a bit of a sod to work. I must be getting better at it as it didn't seem to be half as difficult to do today. I reached the first of the drawn thread thingies, done the threads, just haven't filled 'em in. By the time I had woven the threads back on themselves it was time to tea. I like to watch the antiques programs after tea, so did a bit more knitting on my rather colourful sock instead.

As the band sampler is a weekend project, I now have to decide if I should do the Just Cross Stitch January ornament, or a Mill Hill ornament during the rest of the week. I s'pose I ought to do the January thingie first, especially as there are will only be seven days left in the month from Thursday. Won't be able to stitch tomorrow as I spend most of the day in town, so Thursday it will have to be.

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

All gobbledegook to me Roz but so long as you know what you're doing that's fine lol!!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Both beautiful but I like the first one best.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    All gobbledegook to me Roz but so long as you know what you're doing that's fine lol!!
    I 'think' I know what I'm doing, though don't hold your breath. :)

I've decided that the only way I am going to get this baby shawl finished, the centre bit anyway, it to do a couple of rows or so each day. I did that with the huge throw I made for 'himself'. It was a bit of a struggle some days, especially when it became rather heavy towards the end, but I managed to finish it before C********.

I'm also working on a pair of socks for moi. I can't really do anything else while watching the racing or antiques programs. As mine are nowhere near as long as those for 'himself' they are coming on at a rate of knots.

I will have to find some fabric for my first Just Cross Stitch ornament tomorrow. I have the threads ready, but no doubt it will take me an age to decide on the fabric. :)

Roz