Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sssssshh........Don't tell anyone but....

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to go to Amsterdam, its the night sail that puts me off, daft really, I've been on cruise holidays! Are the docks near transport links ladies? wouldn't want to take the car. Hull is nearest for us, but most of the offers seem to be from Newcastle.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

We always went on the night ferry to Ireland, the evening ferry back home again. It meant we got a couple of extra days in Ireland, which we tended to spend at Glendalough. Gawd know why wwe kept going there as I was always bitten ragged by St Kevin's Revenge - the dratted midges. :(

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

We are based in Kent so travelled Dover Calais and then coach through France, Belgium HolLand, which took about 6 hours. I have flown from Gatwick to Schipol, but we spent as long taxing across the airport as we spent in the air!! But still much faster than driving.
    We are visiting all the Jewish sites - for GCSE in Religious Studies they have to study 2 religions plus philosophy and ethics. Ours do Christianity and Judaism and a visit to Anne Frank's house and Kamp Vught concentration camp helps them to think more deeply about prejudice, injustice and war in a meaningful way. Especially as Amsterdam was a liberal city which welcomed outsiders, like the founders of the Portuguese Synagogue or the Frank family.
    I've got a good cross stitch design of Amsterdam houses I might make as a memento - just to get back to crafty matters. :)
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

JM - did you know that Eurostar will be operating to Amsterdam wef April.

https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/train/netherlands
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

No I didn't NeroW - thank you, but that definitely wouldn't be a goer though 'coz I can't do (mentally) underground!! I'll fly and sail but won't go like a rat underground, its caused no end of skits over the years lol !! No, I think I'll have to bite the bullet for a night sail...........................
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I might give Eurostar a try. Not a great fan of tunnels either, but we went to Paris and I was so busy reading my book that I didn't notice we were under the sea until we were starting to emerge into daylight. My mum was the same when I took her in my car through the tunnel. She was doing a crossword and looked up to ask when the train would start, only to see a sign saying we were halfway to France!

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to Germany a few years ago via the tunnel. I hated it, much prefer to go by sea, far more entertaining too!!! ;) The previous time I went by sea. Keith met us at Dunkirk, no idea just how long it took to reach Ludenscheid, but it didn't seem very long at all.

I suppose these days I probably wouldn't notice the tunnel as I would have my head stuck in my Kindle. There is loads of 'stuff' on it that I haven't read yet, enough to keep me going forever I reckon. When I've read 'em all I can start back at the beginning again! ;)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

It's a good job you lot don't live in Wales!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/