Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Owl be seeing you ....................

Post Thanks / Like

Default Owl be seeing you ....................

Yes I know a dreadful pun, but I did so enjoy making this project. I had been given a MDF trinket box for Christmas. Having purchased the owl kit, there was still a lot left over after having made the owl itself. The one thing that look great was the owl metal embellishment. This trinket box seemed the best place to put him, especially as I had purchased some time last year the Frank Marcia resin frames (Prima Marketing). Having purchased them I had no idea what to use them for, as they are rather large to say the least. So like some items I have purchased in the past they got put away and almost forgotten, that is till I decided to do a clean up a couple of weeks ago. The larger frame seemed just perfect for the owl and just about made it onto the front of the trinket box. It is a strange box as the side performs like elastic, leaving me with just a small area to decorate, but everything fitted in reasonably well. That just left the colour of the hardener and the colours to use, this time round I used the Ivory Powertex Hardener with blues, greens, lilac and gold colouring for the end result. I had also purchased some time ago lovely glass circles, again I had no idea what I would use them for, but two of them came in handy for the owl's eyes.
    owl trinket box.jpg
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Tricia

http://www.townrow.org.uk/

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! That's amazing Tricia. Not only does it look beautiful but it helped you to use up some stash LOL!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

A WOW from me too!
    I bet you had fun creating your masterpiece :)

Post Thanks / Like

That is beautiful
    Well done

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

The owl kit by the way, was one purchased through Powertex. It consisted of a MDF owl, hardener, colours, a box of trinkets, a bag of MDF coutouts, lace and varnish. I didn’t open the bottle of hardener as I already had one opened and even with using what I did for the main owl, it was surprising what was left. Now it’s a case of not letting the dust settle on the leftovers I really should sit down and start to use them up.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done - lovely colours.

Post Thanks / Like

Tricia I love it!! Those eyes are just right and it looks so expensive -and would have been if you'd bought it, its the kind of thing they sell in these Artisan craft shops...................DON'T let Roz see it!!

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Not only Roz, but I daren’t let my daughter see it, she loves owls, and I already gave her the owl that I put together.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is absolutely brilliant. (Yes, another wow!)

Post Thanks / Like

It's beautiful a work of art.