Thread: Gemini Junior

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gemini Junior

I am really tempted to get one of these, partly due to my love of pressing buttons. Does anyone have one, any feedback would be appreciated. They were £100 last time I looked on The Range website for the normal starter kit. I am not fussed about the extras being peddled on Hochy as I am all butterflied out.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one Julie - bought just before Christmas. There was a discount code on CC's FB page offering 15% off so I got it at a good price. I have a Baby Blue which I use a lot - it's surprising how many dies go through it. I also have a Big Shot which hasn't been used for many, many months as I also have an XCut Express which is A4. It's quite heavy and once it's opened out takes up more than half the table I work on. It was my 'go to' machine for anything that wouldn't fit through the Baby Blue and I also like the dial to alter the pressure. I wouldn't buy the big Gemini because I already have an A4 machine that I'm happy with but it's not often that I use dies that size. So the Gemini Junior was perfect for an in between machine and it sits on my table all the time. It's a medium weight but I'm able to reach for it to bring it in front of me. I must admit I'm very impressed with it. I've not had any problems with dies not cutting or needing to be turned. I haven't tried an embossing folder yet. You get a magnetic mat to put the dies on as they go through the machine which I really like. I have read on FB that people complain that the machine makes the die cut into the magnetic mat but I haven't had that problem (well OK I did put one die with the cutting edge down - ooops!) In with my machine was a £20 voucher to use on CC so I bought some replacement plates and magnetic mats but I think it will be a while before I need to use them. I think I paid a little more than £100 - possibly £115? Can't remember right now but £100 seems a very good price. You'll love all the buttons - forward, pause, reverse and on/off LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your feedback Pamela. I think resistance is futile and will report back when I get my sticky mits on it !
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have gone for it !

Received one of those 'We have missed you codes' from Hochanda this morning which took the price down to £75.59. I am happy with that !
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bargain! Hope it arrives quickly.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well done you!! Enjoy!!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !