Thread: Apologies!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Apologies!

Huge apologies to anyone who’s sent ATCs/swaps and/or PMed me. We’ve been having work done on our lounge and dining room and as the kitchen is accessed through both these rooms that’s also been out of bounds. So we’ve been ‘camping out’ upstairs where I set up a ‘kitchen’ area in one bedroom and a ‘dining’ area in another. We’ve been living off toast and sandwiches with a couple of meals out. All the rooms upstairs have been chock a block with things from downstairs as we had to have them clear for the work to be done. We’ve had very little internet as we need a booster for it to work upstairs and that’s been unplugged. On top of all that a computer I had as a Christmas present developed a major fault and had to be sent away for repair.
    All the post we’ve received over the last week has been put into a cardboard box so that it didn’t go missing until I had chance to look at it. I’m sure I’ve had a couple of ATC envelopes as I recognise the writing - I’m hoping to sort through the mail today and hopefully that will answer some of the PMs I’ve had!
    The messy work’s been finished now but we’re waiting for carpet to be laid and furniture to be delivered. So I’ve set up a patio table and chairs in the dining room. In the lounge we had more patio chairs but today I’ve changed that to a blow-up bed!It’s more comfortable than the chairs were, so now we’re ‘camping out’ downstairs LOL!
    This morning I’ve tidied up a few kitchen cupboards as things were pushed inside them to keep them away from the dust. When did decorators start sanding walls and spraying paint instead of washing them down and using brushes/rollers? The kitchen door was taken off to spray it so I had to cover every surface with old blankets and sheets. It’s all looking nice now, we’re really pleased with it and can’t wait for the carpet and furniture to come.
    Hope you’ve all been well and no one’s had any major problems. Hugs.

Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, what a lot of upheaval for you! I had major work done on my previous house while I was living in it, and it was horrendous. I think I would move out next time. No need to apologise, just glad it's not illness etc. that has kept you off the forum. Hope it's all worth it and you have a house to be proud of.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Next door are having a new kitchen and that has caused upheaval with all the stuff being delivered and rubbish taken away. Hope you are delighted with the results.

Post Thanks / Like

Know what you went through mitzi
    when we moved into this bungerlow it was in a 1970's time warp
    we had plaaned to renovate over a few years but hubby was not standing for the decor for
    a month let alone a few years, we moved in on the 1st april and work started the following week
    hubby was at work all day and when he got home each night I had cleaned enough to make it homely
    we had no kitchen so we had a george forman grill and a microwave to cook on and his drinks cooler acted as a fridge.
    April and May of that year was very warm
    and what with the dust and heat I felt grubby
    but not as grubby as the bathroom that no matter how much I cleaned it I would not use the bath just showered down with one of those clip on shower hoses .
    By Christmas we were all finshed so we could relax untill the dreaded Sewage system break down
    So then it was my beautifull garden that went throught the mill.
    Told hubby I would never move again and if we ever needed to move to somewhere less rural I would rent till renovations were done lol
    Last edited by Little Jan; 27-03-2018 at 11:11 PM.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you're going to nee a holiday PJP ! I'm sure it'll be worth it though!

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine is having her kitchen redone. Don't think she is a happy bunny. At least all the alterations had been done before we moved into the bungalow - thank goodness. Apparently when, I hope it is an if, the central heating breaks down, they will put the boiler in the kitchen, instead of at the back of the fire. Let us hope that isn't going to be for many years.

I can't help wondering why they didn't put the boiler in the kitchen anyway when they redid the heating, kitchen, bathroom, doors/windows, electrics, and the roof. The only thing the daft bats didn't muck about with was the outside walls. They were desperately in need of pointing. After a couple of years with draughts coming in everywhere, 'himself' did a spot of pointing. It doesn't look as 'pretty' as it should, but that is the councils problem, not ours.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog