Thread: Probably a very silly question !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Probably a very silly question !

I have no spatial awareness whatsoever so get very confused when flipping or reversing things.

If I have cut a die with no outside edge then want to go back in and cut the image out, how do I do it on the Gemini ? I have already cut into the magnetic sheet and managed to weld a die to the cutting plate !

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Julie can’t help I only have a cuttle bug and a xcut
    If I forget to put the outer cutting die round the patterned die( which is quite often)

I just put the cut shape back in the die and if I have taken it out put the missed outer die round it
    And run it through machine again same applies if I left the paper in the die
    And cut the whole thing again
    In the same manner
    Die face down on paper and face down on plate
    Hope this helps
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I have no spatial awareness whatsoever so get very confused when flipping or reversing things.

If I have cut a die with no outside edge then want to go back in and cut the image out, how do I do it on the Gemini ? I have already cut into the magnetic sheet and managed to weld a die to the cutting plate !
    Can I clarify what you're asking Julie? The first die has no outside edge so you've cut that and removed the die now you want to put the shape back through in order to cut the outside edge?

The plate sandwich will be -
    Clear cutting plate, thin opaque plate, magnetic sheet with the magnetic side upwards, die with the cutting side upwards, die cut (with the 'right side' of the card face down) and lastly the second clear cutting plate.
    It could be tricky to lie up the outer edge die on the die cut doing it this way so what I do is make the 'sandwich' from the other way up. So I put the plate I want to have the cut marks on face down on the desk then the die cut with the back of the card face down. Then place the die cutting side down and arrange it over the die cut so it lines up, then the magnetic sheet with the magnetic side downwards, opaque plastic plate and finally the second clear cutting plate.

Phew! Hope you manage to understand all of that LOL!

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much PP. Would you then feed the sandwich in upside down ?

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't matter Julie. Sometimes I feed it in as it is others I flip it over - doesn't seem to make any difference.

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant, I will have a go tomorrow. I always did the upside down sandwich on the GC.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

My wee 'bug doesn't seem fussed which way up I put the sandwich. I dare say he is so glad I use him, and that he gets treats, albeit not very often these days, so doesn't care. :)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog