Thread: Zen Garden Album

Post Thanks / Like

Default Zen Garden Album

Some of you were kind enough to want to see what I have made of this so here's the link
    http://flickr.com/gp/12998026@N07/8PaQc0

Its been very liberating working on something that is damaged...I have cut and stuck with abandon!!!

Post Thanks / Like

that looks great, love what you have done to the front cover

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Shelia, it looks great. I think I will do that to my wrinkled cover too. It looks a lot better.
    My Crafty Little Blog - Lots of Claritystamp.

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing Sheila. The reports on this kit wrinkling put me off of buying it. Wish I had thought like you did, and I would then have gone for it.

Never mind, lol

Your work is beautiful though, thanks.

Looby

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoobyLou View Post
    Thanks for sharing Sheila. The reports on this kit wrinkling put me off of buying it. Wish I had thought like you did, and I would then have gone for it.

Never mind, lol

Your work is beautiful though, thanks.

Looby

well I would have sent it back if I had paid full price!

the papers and embellies were worth the OTO price though so I reckon the album as a freebie

Post Thanks / Like

That looks great. I may get my old wrinkled blue zen album out now and have a 'go' at it.

Post Thanks / Like

I love what you've done with it !
    Fab

My Kimtag Profile ! :)

Post Thanks / Like

Your album looks gorgeous Sheila, I ordered the blue one & so far it's only got one small wrinkle on the front but I really don't mind for the price. Aren't the silk papers beautiful (I got 3 extra in my set but sshhhh ;))
    kookietiger

now where did I put my ..............

Post Thanks / Like

Sheila that is really lovely, what a great way to turn what could have been a disappointment into something beautiful. :)

I'd thought that the entire cover was wrinkled, but I take it from your photos that it's just the section closest to the spine? I have one on cheque hold and as you've pretty well convinced me I extended it for another 10 days (to get it into next credit card accounting period)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mothership View Post
    Sheila that is really lovely, what a great way to turn what could have been a disappointment into something beautiful. :)

I'd thought that the entire cover was wrinkled, but I take it from your photos that it's just the section closest to the spine? I have one on cheque hold and as you've pretty well convinced me I extended it for another 10 days (to get it into next credit card accounting period)
    no there are wrinkles on the main part of the cover as well and on the back, also some which come and go. When I deconstructed the album I found that the spine (the bit that covers the screws down the back and you can extend it) was actually another piece of self adhesive silk still on its backing paper ie not permanently stuck down. I reckon that the covers are the same which is why the silk lifts off and wrinkles.
    If I was really brave, I would dismantle the covers and see.....