Thread: King Cole

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up King Cole

Not exactly sure where to put this. There is a thread for bad company experiences, but I can't find one for the good guys (or gals).

I recently complained to King Cole about far too many knots in a ball of yarn which resulted in rather more of the dark grey than there should have been, it being a variegated yarn. They contacted me and said I should take it up with the seller. I explained that I had bought the yarn at a fair, so couldn't return it to them. Bless their lickle hearts, they offered to send me a replacement ball, but I could have any colour in the range. Which I must say I was quite pleased about. I choose another colour, which they sent, along with a ball of the original colour, and a ball of a different yarn for me to try as well. Now wasn't that a kind thought?

Sirdar/Hayfield have also replaced yarn when there has been a problem in the past. Normally I don't complain if there are only one or two knots, as in some Drops sock yarn I bought. When it is five or six knots, and means the yarn doesn't match up properly, then I do tend to drop the company a line. King Cole also said they would have a word with their spinners in Turkey, or wherever it is manufactured.

Seldom had this problem when the yarn was manufactured here in the UK. I only remember it happening twice. Once was a ball of Hayfield way back in the dark ages of the last century. It not only had knots, but also dye problems. I sent the bits to Hayfield who told me I should have taken it back to the shop. Yeah right, Mr Bailey who owned the shop would have given me a right royal telling off if I had done that. The second time was also a dye fault in a ball of Sirdar. I kept quiet about that as I was scared to death of Mrs Ardron. Normally I bought all my wool in the market by the skein. Granted I had to wind it myself, using the clothes airer, but I never once found a knot, or anything else. It was cheaper than buying from a shop as well.

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Default King Cole

This is the order details :Big Value Super Chunky - 031 Brown bvsc031 bvsc031 - King Cole Big Value Super Chunky 100g The pattern is also King Cole. My doctors wife has used it and says its excellent, so I wondered if anyone else has. :)

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I detest chunky, though I am using a Stylecraft at the moment, not because I bought it, but because it was 'sold' to me! Honestly, Shelby and Christine will flog me anything. ;) Actually it isn't too bad, though I must admit that k1, p1 rib is a tad boring. I made a hat from the first ball, there was enough to do another two I reckon, certainly another one, with a lot left over. Bought a second ball to make a scarf. Finally finished the first ball this afternoon, hopefully I will have the thing finished before I go on my hols when I can start on something else that is more entertaining.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog