Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using a large rubber stamp with no backing on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Using a large rubber stamp with no backing on it.

Don't know if that makes sense lol. I took all the wooden etc backs off of my rubber stamps a while ago. I've got the clear plastic backs to use but can't remember what to use to stick the stamp on it. Obviously it won't be a permanent fix - can anyone tell me please.

I can't tell you how much I've forgotten since my rest from crafting!!!!
    I love flowers

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought the foam stuff for the stamps I removed from the wooden blocks. I seem to remember there is a temporary glue spray one can use. I think I bought one from CC, or it may have been from The Works. I think I only used it a couple of times, the same with the permanent spray. Way too much mess for my liking.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure I must have bought something to stick them on with when I bought the acrylic blocks but blowed if I can remember what. It's probably still in my craft room but I've got no idea what I'm looking for. I'm not too keen on sprays either Roz.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I vaguely remember Pritt stick was a possibility as it wouldn't set firm with rubber or plastic.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Crafters companion stick and spray it’s a temporary adhesive ,(not to be confused with stick and stay which is permanent )

I use it on my cricut cutting mats when the sticky has worn off
    And when using the old style stamps that had no backing on works a treat with the acrylic blocks
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

I personally prefer to use tsukineko tack 'n peel
    Its like a large clear foam pad which you stick permanently to your acrylic block. its sticky on both sides and allows you to attach rubber stamps to it temporarily. The instructions tell you which side to attach to the block. Keep the protective sheet otherwise you end up picking fluff and glitter etc, but you can revive the stickiness by washing under running water and allowing to dry. And you can still use the other side of the block for clear stamps should you need to
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds ideal Lioness - off to have a look

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh it's expensive isn't it but I've ordered some.

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I've used both Stick & Spray and Tack & Peel and, like Lioness, I prefer the latter. The other option is a cling foam. I've tried that too but it's very expensive if you have a lot of stamps because you need enough to cover every stamp whereas with the Tack n Peel you only need enough to cover your acrylic blocks then you can use it with lots of different stamps.

The worst thing about it is that because you don't cut it to the size of the stamp, it's easy to catch the corners or edges of the Tack & Peel with ink which spoils the stamped image.

Another option is to stick the stamp face up to your glass mat with Stick & Spray or Pritt stick, ink it then press your card down on to it and rub over with your fingers. If it's a background or texture stamp I just use it loose in my hand. Lots of ways to skin a cat.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I found two lots of the spray stuff in my craft room one Perga Spray that had all leaked out of the top yuck and the other Boldmere spray mount repositional adhesive that one is quite heavy but doesn't spary so I presume it's gone solid! They are in the bin now lol.
    I love flowers