Thread: Shuttered Mirror

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shuttered Mirror

I purchased a mirror with shutters whilst on holiday in June. Thought it would be a doddle to powertex. Oh boy was I wrong, it took me a couple of weeks from start to finish, as I needed to leave it to dry in between stages. But it is now finished, and then we went to put it up on the wall in the hallway. Another milestone, as first of all it is so heavy and we struggled to get the wiring on the back attached to the screw in the wall. Once we had done that, then I stood in front of it, and burst out laughing because all that could be seen of me, was the top of my head. Back to the drawing board, and remove that screw and bring it down the wall somewhat, anyway we got the mirror up on the wall in the end. But reckon I will be rather cagey next time as to how large a project I will do. By the way I have blocked in the middle part which is where the mirror is, as it looked a bit weird, seeing me taking a photo of the mirror.

Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Tricia

http://www.townrow.org.uk/

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great Tricia, I've never used powertex. I did a similar thing a while back with texture paste and hundreds of buttons on a box, that took forever as well - and emptied my button box!

My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Looks really good. I love the way the side panels look like curtains, just opening on some mystery.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, using some material as curtains was a last minute idea. It certainly seemed to work okay.