Thread: Funky Hand CDs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Funky Hand CDs

I have all the Funky Hand CDs which I had downloaded to my old, now largely defunct laptop. I have just invested in a CD drive for my newer model laptop and hoped that I would be able to use my old crafting CDs.
    No problem getting CC and Polkadoodles CDs to work, but no joy with Funky Hand - the ones I really want. I have downloaded Adobe Air in the hope that would do the trick, but no luck. I assume that they are incompatible with the more recent version of Windows that I now have - but I know very little about such things (I used a slide rule at school, not a calculator in sight). Has anyone had experiences of using Funky Hand stuff with more modern software and could give me a clue? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I have every CD that Funky Hand made CSF. I was able to use them when my old PC was upgraded to Windows 10 but now I have a new PC that came with Windows 10 already on it and the CDs won't work. In desperation I message Anice on FB and this is the reply I had:

'I'll do my best to recollect the Error Code 7 instructions but I must start by saying that it's on a best endeavours basis as Funky Hand is no longer trading and Papercraft Factory was never supported on Windows 10. Basically what you're trying to achieve is removing all Funky Hand files and registry entries and start a clean installation. You do this by running the Papercraft Factory uninstaller from Apps and Features and then opening Windows Explorer, navigating to C:\Program Files\Funky Hand and/or C:\Program Files\Funky Hand(x86) and deleting all the folders named after the PCF editions. Once cleaned up you should be able to try again, but as I said I can't make any promises that the software will even run on that OS.
    Best of luck, Anice'

The above was absolutely useless for me as I'd never in a million years attempt to do anything like this to my PC LOL! If you find someone to help you CSF I'd appreciate some help too - thanks.

Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this - means nothing to me either! I've decided to do a bit of cleaning up on my old laptop and have linked it my new printer. The Funky Hand stuff works fine on that and I have printed some ABC books off this afternoon. I'll just have to keep the old laptop for crafting stuff - I've got loads of downloaded digikits on there as well in the Craft Artist programme. Although I have got Craft Artist on my new computer I haven't a clue how to move the digikits and, like Funky Hand, Daisy Trail is no more and I can't replace them.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You need to keep a copy of your CA digikits because if your laptop breaks you will lose them. Copy them to a memory stick or external hard drive or better still both. This also means you could use them on any new PC or laptop (providing you still have a CA copy on CD to put on the new machine). Roz is the font of all things external hard drive!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that advice - I didn't know how to copy them. Then I suddenly had a lightbulb moment - went to downloads and copied them into a memory stick. When I opened the files on my new laptop they went straight into Craft Artist, ready to use! I am a very happy bunny. (:
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

God, and anybody else, bless external hard drives. I found faffing about, especially on my lappy, with CD's, DVD's, what have you to be a pain in the you know where. It was ok when I had a PC, but on a lappy the drawer is in a stupid place, right where my mouse would be if I was using my right hand, but where I keep my cup of water. Why can't it be at the front? It would be a much more sensible place to put the thing. Anyroadup, external hard drives are the thing, saves me spending hours trying to back up those stupid CD's, which I discovered are prone to faults, as in refusing to be read by my silly machine.

My main problem with externals is making the effort to back things up. I spent the entire day doing that when we had the new boiler installed. :) I used to have an external that did it for me, but it tended to back up stuff I didn't want, so I spent more time removing files than I really wanted to. For instance, if I downloaded a zip file, it would save that, then save it again when I unzipped the thing, then again when I moved it to where I wanted it to go. So I ended up with three files instead of one.

When I take photographs of my cards or cross stitching I always take three. I keep the best for editing, then delete the other two, then move the kept one to its permanent home. The stoopid external kept the whole lot, so I had to remove those as well. By the time I had finished, I had lost the will to live.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog