Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Go press and foil machine

Post Thanks / Like

Default Go press and foil machine

Has anyone got the go press and foil machine? I’m trying to find out how easy it is to get the foiling exactly where you want it to be if you were adding a sentiment directly onto a card and also how well it works with ordinary cutting dies
    TIA
    dyzni x
    I'm in shape - round is a shape :giggle:

Post Thanks / Like

Dyzni I have had my GoPress and Foil for over a year now and do use it every time I make a card as I do like foiling. It works well on ordinary dies but you get thin fine foiling on the cut lines like a stencil. I find hot foil stamps are the best although I have foiled onto die cut sentiments after cutting. I have foiled onto the back of cutting dies but not yet had lucky with foiling using embossing folders.

Couture Creations have lovely new Cut Foil and Emboss dies which do cut, foil and emboss at the same time. CC have brought out their Gemini Foiling machine and their special dies, stamps and foil work in my GoPress & Foil along with the Spellbinders one.

Photos attached and the first is a Couture Creations Cut, Foil and Emboss vintage car with their hot foil sentiments all foiled onto Centura Pearl card. The second is a Christmas card I made about 30 with three hot foil stamps. Anna Griffin Reindeer, Couture Creations corner and Merry Christmas foiled directly onto Hobbycraft 6x6 white card blanks. Third is foiling directly onto die cuts after they are cut out. Joanna Sheen boat die, Tonic compass and Crafters Companion sentiment dies.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely cards, thanks you for showing them. I just wish we could enlarge the photos as we used to be able to do.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Think the problem is using the forum to upload images
    I use imgur as it is free
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Now there are three companies making the foil machines there are lots of programnes to watch the techniques on.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Dax. I’m so tempted by the machine as I have a birthday very soon. I’m wondering if anyone will be demonstrating it if I go to Farnborough at the end of February. I have watched a couple of demos on line.
    Oh, decisions decisions lol x
    I'm in shape - round is a shape :giggle:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Lovely cards, thanks you for showing them. I just wish we could enlarge the photos as we used to be able to do.
    I have pm'd Graham twice but gavent heard anything back :(
    Did try to see if you can enlarge thumbnails on ST, but could not find any to test.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dyzni View Post
    Thank you Dax. I’m so tempted by the machine as I have a birthday very soon. I’m wondering if anyone will be demonstrating it if I go to Farnborough at the end of February. I have watched a couple of demos on line.
    Oh, decisions decisions lol x
    Dyzni there are going to be shows on Create & Craft with Couture Creations Butterfly Launch at 8.am and 2.pm Tuesday. Looks like new Cut, Foil and Emboss dies. No pictures or details yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    Think the problem is using the forum to upload images
    I use imgur as it is free
    Thanks Jan. I have uploaded the photos and a couple more so I hope this link works. https://dax1.imgur.com/all/

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry that did not work. Hope this one does. http://
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post