Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Go press and foil machine

Post Thanks / Like

Dax , that’s lovely. So much easier to see in that pic x
    I'm in shape - round is a shape :giggle:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dyzni View Post
    Dax , that’s lovely. So much easier to see in that pic x
    Thanks, if you hover your mouse on the right side there is an arrow to click. Takes you to the next one and there are six in all.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well I’ve put in an offer for a machine on eBay. Not sure I’ll be lucky enough to get it as it was a cheeky offer but you never know. I’m not in a hurry so if the offers rejected I’ll just bide my time until I can bag a bargain x

Post Thanks / Like

Offer rejected, was going to up it but item is no longer on eBay. May try bidding on an auction one. I would love to be able to have a play on one first. Shame we don’t have a local craft shop with a demo machine x

Post Thanks / Like

Offer rejected, was going to up it but item is no longer on eBay. May try bidding on an auction one. I would love to be able to have a play on one first. Shame we don’t have a local craft shop with a demo machine x
    Dyzni shame your offer was rejected and they have withdrawn it from eBay.

The advantage of buying from Create and Craft is being able to try and send it back if you don't get on with it, although it is now only 14days not the original 30 days.

If using a GoPress with any other make of die cutter than the makers own machine it is trial and error in the beginning as many need extra card shims.

There is a new Foil Quill due out in February that works with all electronic cutting machine, Silhouettes, Cricut, ScanNCut and many others. It goes in a pen holder and has a tip which heats up.
    https://www.wermemorykeepers.com/pro...ll-in-one-kit/
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that looks good. Maybe I’ll wait. I have a silhouette machine. Thanks Dax x

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that looks good. Maybe I’ll wait. I have a silhouette machine.
    If you have a Silhouette Curio you can already foil with it. Silhouette make a special pressure adhesive foil which you use with the embossing tip. Unfortunately it is only available in three colours (gold, silver, copper) because due to Silhouette's lack of promotion of the foils the technique didn't become popular enough for them to bring out more colours.

https://www.graphtecgb.shop/product/...ansfer-sheets/

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that looks good. Maybe I’ll wait. I have a silhouette machine. Thanks Dax x
    I thought you had a Silhouette which is why I mentioned it. I have read it will be on Create and Craft. It is on pre-order with Craft U Love for the end of February beginning of March. Price looks to be around £80 to £90 for the starter kit with foil, all three tips, fine, standard and bold. You can buy either of the three on their own £40 each.

It could invalidate a machine's warranty, unless Silhouette, Cricket and Brother approve it. I saw on a Facebook group a picture of Jo Foster (ScanNCut) trying it out.

It is on the top of my 'wish list' if it lives up to expectations. Not having to buy hot foiling stamps/plates would be a big plus.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...799C&FORM=VIRE
    Last edited by Dax; 05-02-2019 at 09:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePenny View Post
    If you have a Silhouette Curio you can already foil with it. Silhouette make a special pressure adhesive foil which you use with the embossing tip. Unfortunately it is only available in three colours (gold, silver, copper) because due to Silhouette's lack of promotion of the foils the technique didn't become popular enough for them to bring out more colours.

https://www.graphtecgb.shop/product/...ansfer-sheets/
    That is the drawback PurplePenny it will only work with the Curio. Silhouette don't recommend their foil transfer sheets for the Cameo as the embossing functions in Studio are greyed out unless a Curio is connected. I have tried to emboss with my Cameo using the pen setting and an embossing tool and it does not work at all even with a Brother embossing mat.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve done it! I’ve got a go press and foil machine. Hobbycraft had an online offer (it was already reduced too) taking it down to £64 plus I had a gift vouche to put toward it. I would have preferred to have the foil quill but this was the cheaper option for me as I only had to part with £44 ��
    I’ve had a quick play and if I can work out how to get a picture on here I will show you the result
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post