Thread: Help with jewellery findings please

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with jewellery findings please

I have never made any jewellery, but once I get my hands on some other stuff I have a project I want to try that I think will make pretty things to hang on cords or leather. However I don't know how to make a cord fasten at the back if you see what I mean. I am sure there must be some kind of end cap that you crimp onto the cut ends of the cord that a fastening device would then attach to but as I don't even know what such a thing is called I have no idea how to find what I want - can anyone help me please.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Phree, I think this is what you mean?
    Last edited by Mrs D; 09-06-2009 at 06:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck - it is very addictive once you get starting - LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mrs D - I found what I knew had to be out there on that site - LOL now what I am wondering is how on earth you get the darn cord INSIDE the tube bit - I am guessing that is pretty fiddly to do!!!

Anyhow I need to make a trip to the sea side soon to find some sea glass - I could buy it on ebay but the idea of finding my own appeals!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Phree, if you scroll down the page in the link Mrs D gave you then you get to the leather/suede crimps. You put the cord inside then fold the open metal sides over it with snipe nose pliers.
    When I used to work for this bead company we called them thong clamps http://www.rockingrabbit.co.uk/produ...gif&w=80&h=100
    The picture is quite small but you can at least see the high sides that you fold over.
    HTH Diana x
    ps as you've already worked out, you then attach jump rings to the hole in the end of the clamp and a clasp to one of them.