Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lou Lessons

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeroWolfe View Post
    That would be Jo Austin. I always enjoyed watching her demo's.
    Oh yes, thanks for that.

Sizzix Katy has been on recently, she did go missing for a while but she’s back. I like sizzix Pete and Sizzix Sharon. Both of them are calm and explain themselves well, I enjoy the their shows.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    do you remember in the very early days of Hochanda, there used to be a lady called Fiona who was always on, she was always calm and took her time to explain things and then she disappeared.
    Fiona was on the other day, she posted on her Hochanda FB page that she had really enjoyed it and hoped to be on again. I think she is like Scott - they are on when the regular presenters are in short supply. I like both of them.

Post Thanks / Like

We’re talking about different people, PurplePenny. I don’t mean presenter Fiona, the lady I meant was a demonstrator. I do agree with you about Fiona and Scott though, I like them both, especially Scott. I had hoped we would see more of him when Hochanda announced the departure of Matt and Charlie. I’d much rather two who had some experience of crafting rather than two who are new to it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's always useful for the crafting channels to have someone new to crafting as a presenter, as they can ask questions that a new viewer might need to know whereas an experienced crafter would already know the answer and therefore not think to ask the question. Always supposing the presenter does try to show an interest in the crafting and not try to make the show all about them, of course.

It's a bit like Time Team with Tony Robinson, if you remember that. When it first started many, many years ago, he know absolutely nothing about archaeology and he asked all the "stupid" questions that viewers with no experience might want to know the answer to. Several series down the line, he had picked up so much knowledge that he rarely asked those questions any more - or if he did, he answered them himself. "So you think this might have been a 'ritual' object? Basically that just means you have no idea what it was used for."
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Back to the original subject of the thread, I caught some of a Lou Withers show over the weekend and basically it was just a mess. I do like messy crafting, on the rare occasions that I do it, but I'm terrible for just "playing" with equipment and products so what I would really like to see is someone showing what to do with all the scraps and tags at the end of the day, not just creating heaps more of them! To be fair, I didn't see the whole show, so maybe it all came together at the end, but what I saw seemed totally unplanned and random, like she was just going off the top of her head "I wonder what will happen if..." instead of having some sort of idea that she wanted to show us.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think Scott and Fiona are married, don't know about 'young Nikki' having any family but I know Kathryn has 3 and I think her youngest is about 29 - she must have been a child bride lol !!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    I think Scott and Fiona are married, don't know about 'young Nikki' having any family but I know Kathryn has 3 and I think her youngest is about 29 - she must have been a child bride lol !!
    Still in nappies herself I reckon. She certainly doesn't look old enough to have offspring that age.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    Back to the original subject of the thread, I caught some of a Lou Withers show over the weekend and basically it was just a mess. I do like messy crafting, on the rare occasions that I do it, but I'm terrible for just "playing" with equipment and products so what I would really like to see is someone showing what to do with all the scraps and tags at the end of the day, not just creating heaps more of them! To be fair, I didn't see the whole show, so maybe it all came together at the end, but what I saw seemed totally unplanned and random, like she was just going off the top of her head "I wonder what will happen if..." instead of having some sort of idea that she wanted to show us.
    I do that with watercolour paints. I just can't resist the urge to play about with colour combinations. the late Terry Harrison told me off (in a very nice way) at the NEC a few years ago. He told me I should be painting, not playing about. I am sure Frank Clarke would agree with that sentiment. He once mentioned that he tried art school once, but decided that they spent too much time on the science of the paints and such like, that he was bored to tears. All he wanted to do was paint. Love listening to his tall tales on the programs he made.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Jacksmissis, I didn’t know that, but after a bit of googling I see that they are indeed partners! I wonder why they only seem to be used as cover and not regular presenters, unless it’s because they don’t want to be regular presenters.

Post Thanks / Like

They do a fair bit of theatre & have a pantomime company called Panto Ever After
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post