Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jullia Watts

Post Thanks / Like

Roz, do you have the pattern for the babies bits and bobs please or is it in your head? If there is a pattern could you let me have the number flower? I've had a look locally and the only thing I can find is for dolls but they're extremely lacey which I don't think is a good idea. Ta !
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of our patters come from Revelry, and from one lady in paticular. https://www.ravelry.com/designers/marianna-mel Marianna is so generous letting the world in general have her patterns for free. There are others, but we use mostly hers.

I finally finished all the C******** pudding hats, plus nearly finished a C******** tree one, though I did make the mistake of not using brown at the base. No matter, it still looks like a C******** tree, at least it will when I have finished embroidering the crosses on it for decorations. I still have two more of those to do, then I should be able to take yarn for a proper outfit on my hols.

Sheryll has been checking with the hospitals, and as she suspected, they really want long sleeved button to the bottom cardigans/jackets. She says we can still make the short sleeved tops, but they are only for the angel babies, so have to be in white, cream or pastel colours. Don't think I have made many short sleeved ones to be honest, partly for the reason the hospitals want the long sleeves I suspect. My subconscience must have told me that long sleeves were the most useful as short or cap sleeves wouldn't have been as warm.

Roz
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Oh how lovely Roz, I've put it on my favourites so when I come back from Oz I'll get some made over the winter. I've loads of odd balls of yarn (don't think we can say 'wool' anymore lol !!), so it will be nice to put it to good use.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Sheryll always calls it wool, although we aren't actually allowed to use proper wool, or even wool mixes, as some of the babies might be allergic to it.

I've started on the Babbity outfit, though as starting at the top always drives me nuts, I can't think why I have. Even when I put markers in for where the increases should be I still manage to make a muck up somewhere. I keep thinking I ought to change the garter stitch yoke to stocking stitch as it is much less troublesome as I can see where the increases are supposed to be. It does look pretty when it is finished though. Come to think of it, all of them do. ;)

Case almost packed, at least mine is, backpack is partly packed. I have some washing to do tomorrow, will add the few items to the case when they are dry. Can't finish packing my backpack until either Tuesday evening, or even Wednesday morning. At least the main bit is done. Kate is kitty sitting, though she hardly ever sees them. ;)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a lovely time !

Post Thanks / Like

Will do chuck. Cases packed, ditto backpacks, all bar my eye drops which I can't do until I have used them in the morning. Money sorted to pay Caron, which I like to do as soon as pos. ;)

Roz