Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craft Artist - Mica Magic

Post Thanks / Like

Default Craft Artist - Mica Magic

Was watching a programme with John next Door this afternoon who was demoing this product. I wasn't particularly impressed with the quality and it struck me how similar it was to a cheap eye shadow palette.

Could it be the Summer Brights is actually Miskos 35 eye shadow palette in option 35E. Available all over the Internet from £2.95 on EBay or £9.99 on Amazon. Of course I could be completely wrong. . Was about £20.00 on Hochanda.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see the programme Julie but you got me thinking of all the ancient make-up I threw away a few months ago. Drat and darn, it never occured to me to try it out on paper. apparently someone did and is cashing in on it!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

They certainly look very similar to what is being shown on tv

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

It reminded me of those pots of stuff that were available a few years ago. Can't remember what they were called, but they were expensive. I know Dot was asked by several folks to get it in, but she refused as she had nowhere to put it, there were about 60 different colours. She also didn't like the idea that being a powder it might not be a good thing for asthmatics. I think it was one of those 'flavour of the month' things for about three months, haven't seen sight nor sound on it in years. Wonder how many pots of the stuff were chucked in the back of the cupboard!

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I won a set of cosmic shimmers and mica powders once
    but found cheap eye shadows worked just as well so glad I never paid for them
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

How was he using them? I used to do that "stamp with Versamark and brush powder eye shadow over it" technique years ago but I was never too thrilled with my efforts. I definitely think the shimmer eye shadows will be as good - but don't put crafting mica powders on your eyes though, as they might cause irritation.

Post Thanks / Like

They used fingers, brushes sponges and allsorts Mitzi - its a creamy consistency and they put it on wood metal paper and card - quite the wonder product lol !!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Was watching a programme with John next Door this afternoon who was demoing this product. I wasn't particularly impressed with the quality and it struck me how similar it was to a cheap eye shadow palette.

Could it be the Summer Brights is actually Miskos 35 eye shadow palette in option 35E. Available all over the Internet from £2.95 on EBay or £9.99 on Amazon. Of course I could be completely wrong. . Was about £20.00 on Hochanda.
    They do look rather similar don’t they! The ingredients list is different though. Have to fess up and say that I bought the brights one at my local craft store a couple of weeks ago. They had John and Seth Apter there one evening demoing Aladine/Izink products - there’s a new Aladine product called Ice out in Jan apparently. Lots of offers on in store plus 10% off any purchase so made it a good buy. Hoping to use it on flower foam as I have ooddles of the stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see you again Glingle hope all is well
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    Nice to see you again Glingle hope all is well

I second that!

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/