Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ruth - did I blink and miss it?

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Sheesh, I hope the grass is greener for her than it is in Barnsley! I much preferred her when she did her rubber stamping. I think she moved over to sewing when she and her hubby parted in rather ignominious circumstances.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! Isn’t she the one who’s samples always looked like a primary school child had done them?

Post Thanks / Like

The name rings a bell but I can't place her face. Was she the lady who was accused of copying somebody else's designs some years ago. Always seemed a very gentle soul to me.

Talking of faces did anyone see Nikki who normally does Heartfelt Creations today, she looked so different. Couldn't work out if she was trying a new style of makeup or had something done to her face.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Talking of faces did anyone see Nikki who normally does Heartfelt Creations today, she looked so different. Couldn't work out if she was trying a new style of makeup or had something done to her face.
    She used to look really fresh faced and pretty but it looks like lots of so-called enhancements these days and not just the off-putting nails. Why, I don’t know. Tan, nails, lashes, possibly extensions. It’s a very hard look.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is Ali Reeve the Stamps Away lady? Does MDF stuff? I like to watch her for her techniques with mixed media stuff, thinking I'll have a go even though I never do.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Now that C&C have lured a lot of the big companies away from Hochanda, the smaller companies must be feeling pushed out. I just hope Hochanda don’t start taking on the rubbish ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Ali Reeve is Stamps Away. She’s known for using things in crafting that you wouldn’t usually use and for her messy crafting. The company have moved into MDF and there was an incident with a design being copied. Ali said it was her husband that did it and she hadn’t known anything about it so she was making him deal with the issue. I haven’t heard anything about them splitting up though Rox I think you’re confusing her with Ali’s Stitchy Fingers - she was rubber stamps and went into sewing.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooops, just realised I misread Ali Reeve for Aly Higginbottem, who does come from Barnsley. It was Ms Higginbottom and her ex who parted company.

Dunno if Ali Reeve has been accused of copying others designs, perhaps you are thinking of Sheena Douglass. I know, certainly in the early days, it was an elderly chap called Graham who did the designs for Ali. I know I bought a set called Graham's Girls (might be gals) that were in the style of the 1920's/30's. I have seen exactly the same designs produced by other companies since, including Debbie Moore. Granted they may have been larger stamps, but the design was the same as those from Ali.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    Makes you worry about your own sanity doesn't it PP !!
    It certainly does! [And I'm amazed to see how long it has been since I read the posts on here. I though tI'd only missed a few days.but it has been two weeks!]
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Roz, PJP is right "Stamps Away Ali" was involved in a copyright thingy - cant remember the ladies name who did the original design, Seem to think it was for something for C******** , maybe an MDF lantern? All must have been sorted out though by now, it was a couple of years or so ago.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !