Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone remeber these ladies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone remeber these ladies

When QVC sold crafts these two American Ladies, Mother and daughter demonstrated fairy dies, stamps and powders and used to blow "Fairy Dust" towards the camera.
    Does anyone else remember them. I think the Mother became seriously ill, and might have now died.
    Was talking about them with a friend who couldn't remember their names, or company either
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Kirks Folly I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I was going to say that - I remember her mainly for jewellery though?

You can try this link

https://www.kirksfolly.com/
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Never saw them do anything but jewellery
    The company was run by 2 sisters
    The company ceased trading in 2014 but they are trading again now

Only duo from USA I can remember on QVC doing craft
    Was Carol Smith and Donna Dewberry
    Which has reminded me I must get their kits down from the loft see if the stuff is still usable
    Have told myself I must use at least 5 items from my old stash
    before the end of the year
    Last edited by Little Jan; 02-11-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to remember fashion items, with burn out material, oversize floaty stuff, but that might have been the daughters line. The fairy dust must have driven the presenters nuts. I think the mother did dabble a bit in craft at one point

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Must have been before my time I think. Apart from DB I don't remember anybody else doing paper crafting as such. I remember Donna Dewberry, mainly because she drove me nuts, had to turn the sound off. As for Carol, well I loved her Bucilla felt kits. Kate bought me my first Advent calendar for my birthday One year, which is in May. I had it finished and hanging on the door well in time for C********. Since then I have bought three others, they are hung on doors/walls each year.

Each one has its own hand made bag to keep the felt ornaments in. Come to think of it, one isn't hand made, it being a Avon velvet stocking. However, it is a really attractive stocking, that looks as though it should have been hand made. This year I have designed, with the help of a booklet bought many years ago, a cross stitched Advent calendar. There are 100 teeny designs in the booklet, and I have used 63 of them. 25 on the calendar panel, 25 ornaments, plus a spare as I obviously miscounted, and 12 on the wee bag that the ornaments will be stored in. Hoping to finish the bag tomorrow, it just needs blanket stitching around the edge.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig View Post
    Kirks Folly I think.
    Yes those were the ladies I was thinking about. I misremembered about the craft( all that glitter dust!!!!!) but was right about the fairies.
    Thanks PinkPig
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

And of course Stephanie Weightman, who had a short stint never looked comfortable, soon left.

And launched Tattered Lace not so long after, was Tattered Lace meant for QVC, as the quick turn around most have had her sorting that out while at QVC

Post Thanks / Like

QVC did sell a coupleof TL dies. They had loads of complaints about them because they didn't cut very well. I think there was also a 'square' set which turned out to be not completely square. I must turf them out and try to cut them on the modern machines to see if they cut any better.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought TL started long before Steph was on QVC. I remember buying some when I went to the NEC, which must have been November 2012, though it could have been 2013.

I know the second time I went, the following year, TL was one of the few products I actually wanted, along with Rob Addams and Pinflair. All three were within chucking distance of each other. At that point I wanted to go home as I'd had enough of the place, and was bored out of my socks. I had my first visit to the knitting/stitching show at Harrogate that year.

At one o'clock Christine asked me if I wanted to go home, having told her about my being fed up at the NEC. Well as we hadn't even finished in the first hall by one, there was no way I was going to be dragged out. As it turned out we were one of the last to leave at five(ish), just as we were last year as they had changed their seven o'clock closing on the Thursday to five. :(

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog