Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Click of the Day

Post Thanks / Like

Not by yourself - I don't get it at all (but then I don't get lots of stuff these days !)
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Must be our age love, either that or we just can't be fussed. Think it is mostly the latter. Basically if it doesn't grab my attention within two seconds, then my brain switches off. Probably just as well or it would be somat else I might end up buying.

I've had the sticky stuff and foil since I dunno when, maybe before the last move nearly twelve years ago, or not long after anywhoo. I remember buying it in the market in Barnsley when I first started making ATC's. Hmmm, Some of those are dated 2007, though there may be some from earlier times. Which means it was before we moved to the bungalow. My maths may not be brilliant, but I can at least do sums, as in 2+2 and all that rubbish. Sooooo if we got the key on the wonth of April 2008, it must have been before we moved.

I shudder to think how much I have spent over the years on craft stuff, and just how much I have given away. Best not dwell on it I s'pose. Just spent nearly twenty squid on Joanna Sheen's website on some ink pads. Some of my Tim Holtz ones are getting a bit dry, so I thought I would give some of the oxide ones a go instead. I have one, bought it from Joanna to make up the postage, I don't pay postage if I can help it. Was quite impressed, so bought another three, plus a spray.

I was only going to go for three items, but free postage is now on orders over £15. Only 3 pence off, but what the heck, may as well go mad and get an extra one. Still cheaper than most places. Though I have noticed she doesn't sell anywhere near as much stuff as she used to.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen Joanna since heaven knows when - in fact I had it in my mind that maybe she'd retired now? I know its an awful long way from where they're based up to C&C or Hochy and as we get older it becomes a chore instead of a pleasure. I have some of her cd's but don't do any of cd crafting - its all the cutting out that's hard work these days - I know my poor Cameo is in the cupboard and could do that but I just cant find the "umph" to start learning all over again. Same with all of the usb stick thingies, the content looks stunning but the thought of the cutting ………….. no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I have loads of her CD's, plus Rob Addams and others. Haven't seen him for yonks either. Can't remember the last time I used them. I have them stored on my laptop, yup, I even know where each one is, I am soooo organised sometimes. ;)

I think one of the problems is the cost of the ink. Paper not so much as I have loads of paper & card, bought loads when Dot closed her shop. I'm not a great fan of cutting out these days either to be honest. I tried left handed scissors, but couldn't get the hang of it, so have to use my right hand, which hurts my thumb when it comes to cutting out fiddly bits. :(

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Joanna moved house and shop premises fairly recently, perhaps that explains the stock levels. Rob Addams is still going strong, I get emails from him regularly and his business is also on Facebook.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks PJP, glad to know they're ok, moving house is a monumental task, each time we've done it we've said never again !!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks PP, I had forgotten she had moved. In fact somewhere in my memory I have a feeling she mentioned about stocks being lower than normal.............. or maybe that was Jane Greenoff. I've been looking through some of the old issues of the Cross Stitch Guild magazine, so it could have been in one of those.

Anywhoo, Joanna had what I wanted, and with luck, and a following breeze, not the howling gales we have at the moment, they should arrive either Monday or Tuesday. :)

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    Joanna moved house and shop premises fairly recently, perhaps that explains the stock levels. Rob Addams is still going strong, I get emails from him regularly and his business is also on Facebook.
    Just had another email from Rob Addams so I can now post his website address as I couldn't originally remember it! 'www.papercrafts.co.uk'
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Ta love, though as I have spent a fair bit this week perhaps I had better not look!

Was looking at the net curtains a couple of days ago and realised there are some nasty snags in them. It'll be Inky wot dun it, but of course she will deny, deny, deny. Never known a kitty yet who admits to being naughty. Anywhoo, had a look see on Amazon to see what width/length I had bought last time. Flippin heck, it was January 2014. Was it really that long ago?

Had a bit of a dither, and decided on lace blinds instead of nets. We had them at the last place, where they lasted for over six years. Were still as good as new when we moved, though no good here. Having checked the price the lace blinds work out at about the same price as the nets. Hmm, slightly cheaper actually, £11.98 instead of £12:50. Way back in 2014 they were less than a fiver. Yet the blinds we had at the other house were nearly £50 for the same blessed thing, though I did buy them directly from a shop, not via Amazon.

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to say, no click of the day as I type, five past eight in the evening.

Roz