Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New year, new start

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile New year, new start

My first cross stitch project for 2020 is not a C******** Mill Hill kit, or any other Mill Hill kit for that matter. Nope, I decided on one of Jane Greenoff's kits instead. Only one of her small designs, mainly because I am not sure my eyes can cope with anything that isn't on a very light coloured fabric at the moment. It is the Sugar Almond Scissor Stand and humbug https://www.thecrossstitchguild.com/...nd-humbug.aspx

In theory it shouldn't take too long to do. Maybe by the time I have finished it I might be more inclined to do one of the Mill Hill kits. I started it about half past ten this morning, but haven't got very far, as in half a flower. I always have to grid the fabric before I start as I know I will make a mistake if I don't, especially where Hardanger is concerned. So between that, oversewing the fabric, hunting for the white thread to do it, sorting out the embroidery thread, then deciding which needles I was using...................

I had no sooner got started when it was time for the horse racing. Knew I would make a mistake by trying to watch that and stitch at the same time. Soooo why did I bother? Yup, mistake made, so had to be rectified. Luckily it was only a few stitches, so not exactly a disaster. Anywhoo, no racing tomorrow, or anything else for that matter as far as I can see, well nothing I want to watch anyway, soooo I should be able to get more done.

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Very pretty
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is gorgeous! I love hearing about your sewings.

Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous, love the colours.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Finished the central flower, but still finding it a bit of an effort to stitch. Obviously I need more time for the eye to heal. Still if I do a bit each day, ok then, most days, I should see if there is going to be an improvement. Will make a start on one of the Hardanger squares tomorrow. ;)

I'm still working on my crochet/knitting for the charities, and need to make a start on the general cards for the fluffit/woofit shop. Want to get all the threads and beads sorted on the remaining Mill Hill kits before I start on the cards.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

I know I've said it before but you must have the patience of a Saint, I do have oodles of patience myself but I also like to see results quicker!! Wish I could apply that to my slimming - I'd put 3lb on yesterday at weigh in. I expected it so it wasn't a shock really but I said to the lady at the scales how disgusted I was with myself and she said everyone she'd weighed in had put on with the exception of 1 lol !! Said some (didn't say names of course) had put half a stone on. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay to the meeting which I really wanted to cos hubby had a hospital apt and I'd to get back. Really going to try and get back on track now though.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

No patience JM, just determination, especially as I lurve Hardanger and my Mill Hill C******** kits. ;)

Before I had my shower this morning I decided to weigh myself. I reckoned after all that chocolate I must have put on several pounds, if not more. Was very pleasantly surprised to discover I am about 4 ounces less than I was at the beginning of December, haven't weighed myself since then. Still weigh far too much of course, but the diet started on the wonth of the month, maybe that is where the four ounces went.

I have had a couple of nawty things, as in the second half of a cheesecake on Wednesday. Yesterday and today we had a sort of trifle, without the cake, but with a tin of fruit in fruit juice. The bananas I had bought a couple of weeks ago were still green, apart from one. Having checked inside the skin, there is no way they are going to ripen. Not only unripe, but the flesh was dry.

It goes against the grain to throw food out, but on this occasion I had no choice. Of course the trifle thingie would have been more calories than a banana and WW yogurt, but it was a sugar free jelly, and I used skim milk for the Angel Delight. Anywhoo, Morrison's shopping tomorrow, soooo will be going back to my none stop supply of bananas, as in at least two a day. ;)

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Shall we re-open the slimming thread ladies ? or is it ok to chunner on this one? First person I saw this morning at Tesco was our group leader doing a display of SW 'stuff' thank heavens I had my list in my hand and it was for all healthy foods so I didn't have to fib !!
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I'm quite happy to chunter away anywhere lass! ;) Think I have been a bit nawty today. :( Been so blummin' tired, could hardly keep my eyes open. Shouldn't have crawled out of bed at twenty past seven I guess. Will definitely have a bit of a lie in tomorrow morning, providing I don't wake up early of course. The best laid plans and all that.

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Same here with the unreliable sleep pattern. This morning wide awake at 4am, read for a couple of hours then slept until 9am so OH took the dog out for her walk on his own.