Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seth Apter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Seth Apter

Did anyone watch Seth's shows yesterday? I recorded them but was out all day and evening so only had chance for a quick flip through on fast forward.

It looked like all he was doing was making backgrounds with all the new Izink products although maybe he got on to do more later on. I absolutely love him and his work but if I didn't already know it, what I saw wouldn't have converted me.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't usually watch Hochanda, but after the heads-up on here I thought I would watch his how. I only saw the first one but I did enjoy it. Yes he did just make backgrounds but he used various products that I hadn't seen before. I like to watch the regular mixed media shows on C&C on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I keep telling myself that I will actually have a go one day!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I watched a bit of his show. Do we think the little bottle of liquid he was pouring onto the paper/card to emulate clear embossing ink was just glycerine ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I watched a bit of his show. Do we think the little bottle of liquid he was pouring onto the paper/card to emulate clear embossing ink was just glycerine ?
    I presume it was just neat embossing ink - which AFAIK is mostly glycerine but I always assume it has other things added. It was interesting how even with embossing powder over and heat set, it still seemed to stay liquid. Leonie smudged one of the blobs, didn't she? And when he tipped up the "drip" ones and we saw a close-up, it was still moving.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know embossing ink pads were glycerine. Interesting. The little bottle he used was supposed to be a "re-inker". It did stay runny and smudged easily.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched with one eye as I was busy, it was the one with Leonie. It did seem to be sloppy style of just backgrounds (that's not sarcasm I just can't think of a work to fit) If I'd have found it riveting I'd go to re-wind but I just don't like messy crafting. Seemed a nice enough chap though. I did see a shot of the embossing pad which I wondered if it was from young Chloe's range as it had WOW across and the little bottle of whatever was part of the item. I couldn't say if it was glycerine - I assumed it was some sort of chemical !!
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I shall retire to my Ihub later to see if I can find some !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Messy crafting doesn't do anything for me I'm afraid, so I didn't watch the show. Come to think of it I probably wasn't at home! Don't watch the telly at all on an evening.

If there was one craft I had to give up, it would be paper crafting, though I do enjoy making prick and stitch cards, plus a certain amount of parchment. Can't remember the last time I did any quilling. Haven't done any of either this year, or rubber stamping/die cutting for that matter. I'm trying to use up as many of my ATC's as I can as toppers so I can clear a shelf in the cupboard.

I am going to go through my parchment and New Stitches magazines. I have bought two folders, with luck, they won't take up more than those. No point in me keeping stuff I know I will never do. Took a load of books to the fluffit/woofit shop a couple of weeks ago, two trolley loads of the things. Soooo the next time Christine mentions a book on crochet or knitting, count me out. I no longer buy paper crafting magazines, cancelled my subscription to Crochet Now last week as I was only wanting it for the CAL, as yet unstarted. I have the yarn, so will get a 'round tuit' one day. If it takes as long to get started as the Janie Crow Sunshine and Showers did, then we are looking at next C********, probably boxing day. ;)

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Your wee 'bug will get very upset if you give up papercrafting, Roz!

Seth Apter's style is definitely "messy crafting" so if you don't like that, you won't like his stuff.

I wasn't tempted by any of the products - well maybe the rollerball-topped embossing ink bottle - but I'm assuming I'll get to play with them myself at the workshop in April so then I'll probably decide I need them all! I already have some of his stamps and didn't feel the need to get any more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    Your wee 'bug will get very upset if you give up papercrafting, Roz!
    Shush Mitzi - he's in re-hab already, got dreadful withdrawal problems !

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !