Thread: Expensive

Post Thanks / Like

Default Expensive

Has anyone else that watches Hochanda find that they are expensive. Was watching yesterday and one item was £35 but I found the exact thing online at £15
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It is expensive and slow to deliver I think. I like to see the demos for giving me ideas and techniques.

Post Thanks / Like

I have only bought from them when I have a discount voucher as I find them expensive. I prefer to buy direct from the suppliers as the price is the same or less and the p&p is cheaper, particularly when they are companies I was buying stash from before they appeared on Hochanda.
    But the same is true of C&C - I wanted the Harry Potter Knitting Book - £22.99 compared with £12.99 on Amazon, and from other suppliers. As I have Prime membership it was delivered the next day with no postage charge.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

The last item I bought from Hochy wasn't available elsewhere, hence why I bought from Hochy. The Rowandean kits I bought today aren't available either, though a similar one is, but it would have meant buying the book, which I don't really want. If I did I would buy it from Amazon, I don't have Prime, but it is free postage on books that are over £10.

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

When I've chatted to suppliers at craft shows, they've said they prefer to sell directly as they then don't pay a large commission to Hochanda. But the trade off is that they reach a wider audience.
    I like Janet Clare's quilts, but I buy from her Etsy shop as delivery is much quicker and postage is cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

If suppliers have to pay commission to Hochanda and then Hochanda are charging more for the products as well... ouch! Probably the same for C&C?

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, it is the same for C & C. I think it is probably fine for the big suppliers, Crafters Companion, Tonic, for instance, but not for the smaller companies.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog