Thread: Molly Robbins' Lovely Cakes!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Molly Robbins' Lovely Cakes!

Few weeks ago I watched Molly on the crafty kitchen show on the Saturday afternoon, I love watching her create her animals - used to watch her on extreme cake makers.

I don't do much baking these days because I would eat it, but I was intrigued with the moulds she used which I believe are her own 'invention' and they were £59 for 2 sets.

Today I saw she is on this afternoon so thought I'd treat myself using my birthday money...…...and guess what???? they've gone up to £72 !! Now cynic that I am, what's betting this afternoon, the "Wheel of Fortune" they're using at the moment comes up with a discount that brings it down to original price - which incidentally is still £59 on her own website ????

Just saying lol !!
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Never seen Molly before but I can certainly see the family look in her, must be one of the most prolific families in showbiz !

Kate, Ted, and Amy, plus Emily Atack, I might have missed one too.

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the dog cake but preferred it before she put spots on it.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't see the show, but am intrigued to know if the price did go down!

Been nawty on Hochy, bought two Rowandean kits. Both the same, the doodles kits as I thought they might be good for birthday cards.

Roz
    Last edited by RozMinis; 22-02-2020 at 09:40 PM.
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Shucks, I didn't watch because I was out but I have recorded it so will watch later, I'm intruiged to see what they did with the price! The one on last time (in January) was a pug and it was so beautiful - who'd want to stick knife into it lol !!

I love watching Rowandean too, the way she makes the countryside and the flowers come to life - wouldn't be able to give them away Roz!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Over the years I have given so much of my stitching away, that I no longer notice. I often make one for myself as well though. Bought a blackwork bookmark kit a couple of years ago, lost track of the number of times I used it as part of a birthday prezzie. I grabbed the last one for myself. Only the first one was in black as the thread came with the kit, but the rest were done in variegated threads, each one different.

I've just finished eight Hardanger needle rolls that will be used for birthday prezzies. Two were in cream Coton Perle, but for the rest I have used colours, mostly variegated. I had to invest in another two metres of linen band to make more. One metre would have been sufficient, but why stint myself, when I can use it for other things. The design I used was one of Jane Greenoff's, she had made it into a bookmark, but I added a couple of extra motifs to make it a tad longer. I will probably make a different one for Christine, and maybe myself, so maybe it is just as well I bought an extra metre. It was a bit of a squeeze getting four from a metre anyway, so if I wanted to make them any longer, then I would have been stuck.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog