Thread: Have the new owners changed Create and Craft, for better or for the worse?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have the new owners changed Create and Craft, for better or for the worse?

For me I don’t enjoy the channel so much.

I love my crafty ness I’m housebound so have all the time, and watch it all the time, the Presentation has become a lot more Hard Sell, you have presenters who seem more interested in having Facebook friends. Main culprit for Hard Sell being Dave Bradford, too many years at QVC probably didnt help him. And Matt McNamara seems more interested in getting facebooks likes. Both from Hochy, and we lost Jenny Cleary, who is as daft as a brush, but she’d admit it, and Rachel Piernan.

They no longer do Cup o Chance, went from doing it every show, then to just launches and final shows, then to no giveaways, except for the likes of Andy, Loen and Dan, who give away cards on Facebook but no doubt it’s down to them to send it off. Have also seen Dawn Bibby do this and Dave Bradford, but Mainly Loen.

Why they went from 8am to 10pm, to 7am to 9pm I don’t know, especially when Dean who does a lot of mornings, often says sales before 8.30 are low.

combined with if you join the club for £20, yes u still get a £10 voucher back, but only if you spend £50. They started this get the nation crafting scheme monthly, with Sarah Cawood but that seemed to be dropped. And from Monday they are going to be doing 42 minute shows.

Sorry about the grumble
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh yes and OpenPay,

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Must admit I seldom watch C & C. Don't exactly go out of my way to follow what is on Hochy for that matter, but there are some shows I do like to watch. Love the Groovi shows, providing Barbara isn't on, she really does my head in. I would probably have the same effect on her!

Like to watch the needlework shows on Hochy, especially Rowandean and The Nutmeg Company. Not keen on the normal fabric shows as I'm not really into patchwork and bag making. I have done some patchwork in my time, but I do English paper Piecing, which is not popular on either C & C or Hochy.

On the whole paper crafting, apart from parchment crafting, doesn't interest me. That is mainly because apart from essential supplies there is very little I want/need. I did invest in a die, needlework related, from C & C a few weeks ago, but apart from the club gift there is nothing that interests me anymore. My last two purchases from Hochy have been needlework related. I bought Rosella's gingerbread man kit just before C********, too late to do it in time, but will be making them up this year. Then last week I bought two Rowandean kits. I think I could be somewhat bizzy this year with the needle. Nowt new there then! ;)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t watch Create and Craft at all, but I do hope Hochanda stop taking on C&C reject presenters. I watched a recording the other day and Rachel was doing her best to bring it down to C&Cs level of inane chat and me,me,me presenting.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have either C and C or Hochy on everyday at the moment, although I probably only actually watch 10% of what is on (glossing my woodwork atm and like a bit of background noise). They are both much of a muchness to me. Hochanda have massively upped the sales pitches and I do get confused with the pricing spiel, not an issue as I never buy the big kits of stuff. I suppose they had to do something since Create and Craft tried to sink them last year. Can't help but feeling things between the channels aren't going to end well.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzydrury View Post
    Ooh yes and OpenPay,
    AND "Klarna" !!

When / Who has taken them over Jazzydrury?
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !