Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Icon UK

Post Thanks / Like

Default Icon UK

This may have been posted already, but I don't visit the forum very often so I'm not sure.

Just tried to visit the Icon UK site as I had my eye on a Woodware stamp and they are closing down. Apparently it's something to do with a disagreement with Creative Expressions and pricing. I hope the craft world is not going to turn into Create and Craft or nothing. I rarely watch the channel these days.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Shame that, especially as I have always liked the Woodware stamps. They don't seem to have been as nice as they were when Dot sold them, and they are considerably more expensive these days.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I find everything more expensive these days, when clear/unmounted stamps first came out they were reasonably priced but to my mind they are really expensive now. Maybe it's just me being penny pinching but living on a TA's wage is not easy and makes you think twice these days. Has the craft market reached saturation point. I don't like any of the AALL and Create stamps people seem to rave about these days. Perhaps I'm just old and jaded. Also don't like being ripped off, Phill MArtin had some ombre flat back pearls and went on and on about sourcing them and how unusual they are and hard to get hold of...quick search on Wish, £1 a bag not £5.99!! I'll take my grumbles away now....
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fenpeper/

Post Thanks / Like

No need to apologise FenP, I've thought the same for a long time that craft prices are really soaring. The blessed "kits" they have on both C&C and Hochy (but C&C are the worse worse) are nearing or over £100 a pop, terrible especially if your on limited income - and needs some finding even if your not.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if I made myself clear in my earlier post, it's Icon who are closing, not Woodware. Don't want to spread any rumours!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It's ok Deefy, I knew who you meant. Though speaking of Woodware, they were taken over by somebody or other last year, which is probably why their prices have gone up so much. After Dot's shop closed I decided I would restrict myself to no more than a £10 spend. Apart from The Works, usually spend a fiver, my limit has gone a bit to pot.

I do make sure I use my NatWest card for other purchases. That means I don't buy unless I have the funds in my savings account to pay for them, hence why I haven't bought my Carrickmacross goodies yet. If I have enough at the end of the coming week to transfer some money from the current account to my savings account, then I will invest in what I need, otherwise they will have to wait a couple more weeks.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fenpeper View Post
    I don't like any of the AALL and Create stamps people seem to rave about these days. Perhaps I'm just old and jaded.
    Oh thank goodness it isn't just me! Most of them are horrible. I'm also finding that I I'm talking to the TV a lot these days, TV: This is a must have, Me: No, no it definitely is not a must have, TV: That's beautiful, Me: It looks a mess, TV: That really works, Me: It looks like shite, TV: who doesn't like a [whatever the stamp is] , Me; ME, me, I don't like a [whatever]

I was very annoyed with one of the new guests on Hochanda, I don't recall her company, but she was young and attempting to prove she was trendy I suppose (oo no, I mean "on trend" don't I?). She said "It's like that old fashioned matt and layering that we don't do any more." How to turn off half your audience!
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would have been raging if I had seen that! Oblivious to the age of the crafters she is supplying! Crafty wokeness! I would love to know who she was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePenny View Post
    Oh thank goodness it isn't just me! Most of them are horrible. I'm also finding that I I'm talking to the TV a lot these days, TV: This is a must have, Me: No, no it definitely is not a must have, TV: That's beautiful, Me: It looks a mess, TV: That really works, Me: It looks like shite, TV: who doesn't like a [whatever the stamp is] , Me; ME, me, I don't like a [whatever]

I was very annoyed with one of the new guests on Hochanda, I don't recall her company, but she was young and attempting to prove she was trendy I suppose (oo no, I mean "on trend" don't I?). She said "It's like that old fashioned matt and layering that we don't do any more." How to turn off half your audience!
    Sounds like me!! I'm nope, nope, nope, and even Leonie and Lou do a form of matting and layering to make an image 'pop'! x

Post Thanks / Like

I would probably be the same if I had the sound on. It is bad enough knowing what they are banging on about without having to listen to 'em n'all. I don't like all this messy crafting that seems to be 'on trend' at the moment. Never seen the point of half of it. If it was to make backgrounds, then fair enough, but they never seem to use it for anything.

Roz