Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tape runner recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tape runner recommendations?

Hello everybody, the title says it all really.
    I'm looking for a strong tape runner for gluing in inserts, they're mainly for Christmas cards, so rubbish tape runners that dry out and lose their stick are a no-no!
    I've tried a few in the past, but I'm hoping that somebody has found THE taperunner!
    All suggestions welcome.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I've never ever used tape runner, so I can't help. I don't think actually I'd trust it to be strong enough.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never found one yet that doesn't go all brown and nasty. Would probably use a spot of glue myself. Don't often use inserts as to my mind they just add to the cost of the charity cards. Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge what I spend, but I doubt many of those who do buy would give a flying fig as to there being an insert or not.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I use C&C tape runners they seem to work on inserts
    Used them on daughters wedding invitation inserts
    I still have all the cards I made for my late mum
    And they are still intact and not gone brown

Wouldn’t use them for anything else though
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

I use the C&C purple ones. I used to use them for everything, especially matting and layering, but recently I noticed the layers fell off a card I made ages ago but didn’t send. That makes me think maybe it dries out and loses its stick. It’s so easy and convenient, though. For the most part they keep rolling until they run out. Other makes I’ve tried, I always seemed to snap the dispensing widget before the tape was half used, so then I had to break it open, remove the tape spool and use it manually.
    Last edited by Mitzi; 04-04-2020 at 10:32 PM.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use Cosmic Shimmer glue for everything. It grabs well but gives you a bit of wiggle room.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you've said that Mitzi I've found that too and I'd be so embarrassed if they fell off someone's card. In real preference I like DS tape but more recently have used Craft Artist liquid that John Lockwood recommends and I love it. I have the big bottle for big stuff but also the tiny squidgy bottles with fine nozzles added for little jobs.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use a lot of doubled sided, but one Christmas, I got out some cards that I had left from the previous few years and some mats were loose. And since I started to do a lot of scrapbooking, I need things to last and I swear by Cosmic Shimmer. I always think that demonstrators use the tape runners because it's easier and quicker when demoing. The only tape that I sometimes use is the strong red one - it's handy for ribbons across cards.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

For inserts I use redliner tape. For matting and layering cosmic shimmer, tonic or ‘3 second grab ‘ but I notice on Hochanda quite a lot of the demonstrators swear by gel paste but I do not know if it does last longer like they claim. I have the C&C tape runners which seem OK.

Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed the demonstrators on Hochanda using gel paste, in fact Leonie was smearing it on with her hands the other day. Not sure if it really is the new best thing or most of the other glues are appearing on C and C.

I would be be interested to know what company address appears on the three second grab one.

I used to use a really big tape runner, think it was pink. I found it really unwieldy, dropped or elbowed it off the work surface once too often and it ended up in bits.