Thread: Dimensions Cross stitch kits.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dimensions Cross stitch kits.

Just wondered if anyone had done one of these and what you thought about it.

Bought one and am not impressed. First of all all the threads were actually stuck to thread organiser. You couldn't pull them off so they all had to be cut and put on another thread organiser. It's taken me well over an hour to do that.

Another thing is that the chart is in colours another thing I don't like, much prefer the black and white ones.
    I love flowers

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't think I have had any of their kits, though I did have one a couple of years or so ago, plastic canvas I think it was, probably C******** where the threads were stuck down. I don't mind colour charts, just so long as there are black symbols as well. I usually photocopy charts that have symbols, the Mill Hill kits especially, then cross out the areas I have already worked.

I don't like doing that on the original, especially if there is backstitching, or long stitches that go over the top of the cross stitches. The silver tree ornament was like that, nearly drove me and Christine up the wall as it was a wee bit difficult to see what the stitches were under the long stitches. Sometimes I like to work the design more than once, in the case of Ollie and Hollie, three times. I did them three times for both my trees, and also as a C******** in July exchange to Christine, I then gave the chart to another friend as I really didn't think I would want to do them a fourth time. :)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I have done Dimensions kits in the past (probably the 1980s), but they have never been my 'go to' brand as the thread wasn't always good quality,

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Must have top quality thread, my favourite is proper silk, which oddly enough isn't that much more costly than cotton. DMC brought out a linen thread, but I haven't tried that yet. Jane Greenoff uses Madeira threads these days, though she used to use DMC. Mill Hill kits tend to be DMC.

A lot of the American charts use what they call overdyed threads. I have some that I bought especially for some of the smaller charts, I don't do the huge Heaven and Earth designs as I would die of boredom if I had to do only cross stitch. I need variety these days to keep me interested, hence Jane's stitched books. :)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog