Thread: Doodle Crafts

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Doodle Crafts

Watched the show this morning, very interesting items. It looked as though they were worked in Aida, which I detest, so didn't succumb. I bought a chart for the chess board a couple of years ago at Harrogate. I really must get around to doing it one day, especially as I love blackwork. Might have to invest in several skeins of the DMC Coloris threads though, they would make a change from normal blackwork. I have used them on blackwork bookmarks, original design for those also came from Harrogate, though that was a kit, and from a different company.

Been some interesting items on Hochy recently. They have embroidery on tomorrow as well. Will definitely be watching that. I can do a wee bit of knitting while it is on, so at least my fingers won't be idle. ;)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you'd survive if your fingers were ever idle Roz !! And yes, there are some nice programmes on Hochy, and we don't get the hard sell that C&C promote either. And don't mention the 45 minute shows - I don't know whether I'm Arthur or Martha when I'm trying to watch whatever, and to be truthful, I don't think the presenters do either, they frequently cant remember what time their on again or will be back with xy or z. I assume it might be a trial and they'll want feedback, if so, I hope it doesn't continue.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Loved the embroidery goodies that were on Hochy, but resisted manfully, or even womanfully. :) Couldn't remember what it was on Saturday that I was interested in, but remembered this afternoon, it was gold work. Have bought 'stuff' from her at Harrogate as well. Dunno if Harrogate will be on this year, but I doubt I will be in need of anything anyway. I swear I have enough 'stuff' to last me well into the next century. I have loads of fabric, threads, yarn, and kits, though there are a couple of Jane's that I haven't got. I also want to change the fabric in a couple of kits as I really don't like the unbleached linen, much prefer ivory.

Should the unthinkable occur, as in running out of 'stuff', then I can always go back to playing with Paint Shop Pro. Might have to invest in a new laptop and the latest version of course, but will worry about that should the need occur. ;)

Just thought, I have several Bucilla felt kits to make up as well. At least two wreaths, NOEL, a clock and two stockings, and they are the things I can actually remember. :) Bought a sewing kit from Hochy just before C******** last year, one of Rosella's, gingerbread person's, promised 'himself' I would make them this year. It was his idea to buy them anyway, even though I told him there wasn't a smoke screen of a chance I would do more than look at 'em last year. 'Himself' nicked 'em when they were delivered, made me wait until C******** day before I could look at 'em.

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Now Rosella, there's another lady who seems to keep re-inventing whatever craft "of the moment", I used to like watching her do parchment craft but that was back in the day before Groovi and since then we don't see her for ages then she pops up again, nice lady.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    Watched the show this morning, very interesting items. It looked as though they were worked in Aida, which I detest, so didn't succumb. I bought a chart for the chess board a couple of years ago at Harrogate. I really must get around to doing it one day, especially as I love blackwork. Might have to invest in several skeins of the DMC Coloris threads though, they would make a change from normal blackwork. I have used them on blackwork bookmarks, original design for those also came from Harrogate, though that was a kit, and from a different company.

Been some interesting items on Hochy recently. They have embroidery on tomorrow as well. Will definitely be watching that. I can do a wee bit of knitting while it is on, so at least my fingers won't be idle. ;)

Roz
    I much prefer Aida to linen. With linen I don't like the weave as the threads aren't even - that really annoys me and I do know they are supposed to be like that lol.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on what I am stitching. A bell pull or sampler looks best on linen, but squares for quilts or children's cushions I do on Aida because it stands up to washing better. I've just acquired a chart of the London Underground - big and whole stitches. Think I'll do that on 18 count Aida as doing it on linen would drive me potty! Horses for courses, as they say!

Post Thanks / Like

Very true about the linen, I think that is one reason I like it though. I used to use Linda and other evenweave cottons before I started using linen. Linen works best for speciality stitches, especially pulled, drawn thread and Hardanger. I have used Hardanger cotton fabric as well, but don't like it as much as linen.

My first cross stitching projects were on Binca at school, I then went on to canvas work, which was mostly half cross stitch, though I did make a canvas work picture that had a variety of stitches on it. I used the wrong sort of pen, so when I came to block it the ink ran, so I ended up binning it. :(

I do still have a few bits of Aida in a drawer, mostly in C******** colours. Some 14 count plastic canvas, and oooooodles of sheets (and kits) of perforated paper in a variety of colours. I have quite a lot of evenweave, a lot of it is hand dyed bought from Sparklies at Harrogate. I was ever so good last year, didn't buy any at all from her. Loads of linen of course, and in a variety of counts. ;)

Must admit I didn't care for Rosella's idea of parchment, much preferred Christine Coleman and Pauline Loweth, also liked watching Tina in the days before Groovi. Rosella was on The Craft Channel with some cross stitch cushions. I told her to take some lessons from Dawn Bibby as her tension was all over the place. At least Dawn knows what she is talking about when it comes to embroidery, or at least canvas work. Can't say I have seen her do any other, but she was certainly good at the canvas worked cushion covers.

Roz