Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Notepads/Glue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    I guess it depends what you need or want the finished pad for really, if its for gifting/selling they need to be right but if its for yourself you can have a play. I make my own for shopping list etc but I use a stapler 'cos only moi sees 'em!
    That's my problem JM - they're for selling so you have to get it right. I always make and test items before I pass them on.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Deefy, I've just been on to YouTube to have a look for you, I put "making notepads" in the search bar and as you'd expect there's loads of video's, but I've looked at a couple and they used something called "Padding Compound" (looked like white PVA) and when the paper was stacked and clamped together they painted it on one end & left for 25 mins then repeated. After the second time drying they were ready to use. Don't know where you buy it but someone else may do or one of the video's might tell you.

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    Deefy, I've just been on to YouTube to have a look for you, I put "making notepads" in the search bar and as you'd expect there's loads of video's, but I've looked at a couple and they used something called "Padding Compound" (looked like white PVA) and when the paper was stacked and clamped together they painted it on one end & left for 25 mins then repeated. After the second time drying they were ready to use. Don't know where you buy it but someone else may do or one of the video's might tell you.
    I watched some of those vids last night as well. I searched for padding compound on Amazon and amongst the results they had the Pinflair book binding glue (and other book binding glues). Someone asked if it could be used for making tear off notepads and a lady answered saying she'd used it and it was fine. The actual padding compound worked out quite expensive, so I've bought some Pinflair and I'll let you know how I get on. At least if it doesn't work for the notepads I can use it for something else.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deefersmum View Post
    I watched some of those vids last night as well. I searched for padding compound on Amazon and amongst the results they had the Pinflair book binding glue (and other book binding glues). Someone asked if it could be used for making tear off notepads and a lady answered saying she'd used it and it was fine. The actual padding compound worked out quite expensive, so I've bought some Pinflair and I'll let you know how I get on. At least if it doesn't work for the notepads I can use it for something else.
    Ooh, yes, please keep us informed. I've been collecting small boxes e.g. the ones our pills come in, with a view to turning them into mini book covers. It would be nice to have then option of putting notepads in them rather than pages sewn in or held by elastic bands.

Post Thanks / Like

Deefersmum, have you tried it yet? Any feedback?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    Deefersmum, have you tried it yet? Any feedback?

I haven't had time to try yet because so much has been going on - hubby not well etc etc etc., but I will and will let you know.