Thread: The Craft Churrn

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Craft Churrn

Well i was wondering if it is just me or is anyone else fed up of the craft churn - what do I mean by that?

Here goes an example - first Tonic does a memory book - then crafters companion brings one out - then say hunky dory does there take on it, or say spellbinders brings out a popup box followed by tattered lace followed by x company followed by everyone else

We need new innovative things dont you agree instead for 55 version of the same old thing ... moan over
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

There was me thinking it was my imagination. One way or another it has been going on for years. For instance Pinflair brought out the tubs on Blendit, or some such name. Bought loads of colours from Dot when she had her shop in Barnsley. Since then John Next Door has brought out his version, Phil Martin has his, and I am sure there have been several others.

The same with those bottled spray things from Tim Holtz. I don't think he has brought out anything that other companies haven't copied. As for the alcohol pens. First there was the Promarker brand, now owned by Windsor & Newton I believe. I've lost count of the number of different ones that have turned up since. Letraset (Promarker) also came up with Aquamarker, which thanks to a certain lady on C & C, now with Hochanda, bombed as she didn't know how to use them properly. Everybody and their brother, sister, mum and dad seem to have come out with watercolour paints/pencils, blendable pencils and normal colouring pencils. As for inkpads.............

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

And now there's the "mixed media" frenzy. I was really starting to enjoy it as something a bit different ( even though artistic, talented people have been on to it for ever) but now every other show has another set of paints, gesso, paste, wax etc, all better than the last one, my heads is spinning...
    Another bandwagon is this "charisma". SW did it first but I wonder, does she get royalties from the other companies who do it or is she kicking herself for not taking out a patent?

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't agree more. It seems to be endless new lines of things that look the same as each other. At the moment I don't find it too hard to resist shopping for papercrafting and find myself buying threads, fabric and wool to make household and wearable things. The fact that there are no fetes and coffee mornings at the moment, where I would normally sell cards etc, means less incentive to buy and make anyway. I've made a stack of generic cards for DH to send to elderly parishoners who are alone at home and I might start on some C*******s stuff, in the hope that we might be able to have a fundraising fayre in November!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

True enough. Many products seem really similar. I have some Pixie Powders, so I wouldn't ever buy Brushos or similar because they're basically the same thing. I have some Pentart Crackle Glaze and still have loads left so wouldn't go for another one.

I've been watching a lot of Hochanda recently on my iPad whilst working (well it's on my desk, without sound), and it really is amazing how companies seem to bring out similar products. Everyone seems to have sunflower, bee and honeycomb/hexagonal stamps at the moment! The only brand which seems to really stick out is AALL & Create - I like watching their demos but wouldn't go for their stuff.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

At least Glitz Craft are a wee bit different from the norm, especially as Leona doesn't put the stuff on with a trowel as many demonstrators do. A little goes an awful long way.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog