Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adhesive of choice - what is the best and most reliable?

Post Thanks / Like

If I use a wet glue I use PVA - things have always gone wrong when I used Collall! At the moment I am using the Craft Stash own brand, which was a free gift with a purchase a few months ago. Like the applicator which makes precise application easy and so far seems to stay put.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I really prefer using DS tape but I'm using a lot of Craft Artist super sticky glue at the moment. I used to use the same as Victoria but had trouble with it showing "ridges" but she told me how she uses it and it was much better, Then I came across a pack of 5 new and unused that had all gone solid so it put me off - to be fair, I think it was probably a bad batch and I should have returned them to customer services to investigate but I just threw them. I also like Pinflair but with the cost of postage as it is I'm careful unless its being hand-delivered !!

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I mainly use a combination of Cosmic Shimmer and the purple tape runners from Create & Craft. Redliner tape for strength when needed. Foam pads. I bought some double sided adhesive sheets to use with fine dies but it was quite expensive and I'm too mean to use it so I stick with the Cosmic Shimmer for die cuts.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the adhesives from Affixit - their sample box is great value and includes a wipe clean crafting mat which is great when I am playing with inks. I like their tape runners and the redliner tape is what is sold on C&C.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to love Pinflair 3D glue, also bought the Collall version. I then discovered that both developed a sickly sweet smell very quickly, which far from getting better with age, became worse, so I no longer use it for anything other than re-gluing the net curtain thingies when they fall down. I returned both lots to Pinflair and Crafters Companion. Both sent me replacements, but they are just the same.

One of the ladies at the needle/natter group has passed some cards on to me for the fluffit/woofits, it is the same with those.

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog